fguki

Senior Retro Guru
At last! ...finally, after a seach of about 1,5 years I can announce to start another MARIN dream build-up. Now, since I already have 2x 1993 "Team Issue" 2x 1993 "Pine F.R.S" and 3x 1994 "Team F.R.S" in my stable I was always aiming at a beautiful "Team Titanium". An absolute must for me personally was the version with the blasted matte front and back areas.

Thank You to super friendly and nice forum member Matttyymm from whom I bought this beautiful frame. The previous owner had the frame equipped with earlier decal versions. These will all be removed and build up again to my personal preferences.

But before that: Lets just take out some of the boxes that I call "Premium parts" in my storage and workshop and take out some initial and possible build-up components first:

...To be continued!

[update 20-03-22 - the very latest (full) picture of the bike]

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel Germany 85.jpeg

Start of build back in December 2022:

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel germany 01.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel germany 00.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel germany 02.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel germany 03.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel germany 04.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel germany 05.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel germany 06.jpeg

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel germany 07.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess you are talking about the bike in the back. That is a "horizon linear fade", not a moonrise ;-)

At last! ...finally, after a seach of about 1,5 years I can announce to start another MARIN dream build-up. Now, since I already have 2x 1993 "Team Issue" 2x 1993 "Pine F.R.S" and 3x 1994 "Team F.R.S" in my stable I was always aiming at a beautiful "Team Titanium". An absolute must for me personally was the version with the blasted matte front and back areas.

Thank You to super friendly and nice forum member Matttyymm from whom I bought this beautiful frame. The previous owner had the frame equipped with earlier decal versions. These will all be removed and build up again to my personal preferences.

But before that: Lets just take out some of the boxes that I call "Premium parts" in my storage and workshop and take out some initial and possible build-up components first:

...To be continued!

View attachment 688504

View attachment 688512

View attachment 688505

View attachment 688506

View attachment 688507

View attachment 688508

View attachment 688509

View attachment 688510
I could only dream of having a parts bin like that🤩🤯😍

Or any of that syncros stuff, lovely and looking forward to finished build.

U really think I didnt know that? That was just a stick-in for the picture yesterday night.

I simply replace and re press-in a new steerer. Attached is a pic of my 3 Powerlites. The one stripped in the middle already got a brand new one fitted for my 1993 MERLIN build.*

Oh, by the way: The 3 piece Ringle Skewers are missing the front quick release in the picture. And the Ringle Mojos are missing the straddles in the pic and and and and ... ;)

1992 marin team titanium litespeed retro kult mtb mountainbike build falko schloetel germany 08.jpeg

Back