Who's going to be next?

People will always want clothes shops where they can touch, feel and try on

Alison[/quote]

i tried that and got arrested... :p

NeilM":5gbg5i8s said:
There are thousands losing their jobs currently in the construction industry, as company after company go bust, many of them are good companies, but the huge firms they are working for hold up payment for so long that for many it kills them.

Yes. It's a bloody lottery out there, the whole thing stinks. The main contractors have been extending credit terms for the last few years - can we do that with suppliers or labour? Of course not! And as for retention.... If anyone acted like this in any other industry, people would be going to jail

Have you been shopping for lingerie again Gibble?

I received some Love to Shop vouchers for doing some unpaid overtime and 40% of the shops highlighted on the card are now bust.

17th Jan

I defy the rest of the year to come up with a thread that is more disillusioning than this one.

If we get that far before the revolution comes, that is.

Item on the radio this morning said that there are 37 firms in immediate danger, some of which are well known names.

Natural market forces in play I guess, plus the huge growth of on line retailers, including some of the big names.

NeilM":12xt06t5 said:
Item on the radio this morning said that there are 37 firms in immediate danger, some of which are well known names.

Natural market forces in play I guess, plus the huge growth of on line retailers, including some of the big names.
#

Told that there is about 140 on the overall danger list.

WHSmiths may well be on that list as they are very much outdated now, really not moved with the times at all.

Carl.

Until someone devises an economics model that isn't driven by the absurdity of continual growth, then the so called cyclical trend of zombie companies will continue unchecked.

Last I heard, the world wasn't getting any bigger and natural resources were still dwindling - just continuing to populate and facilitate regional migration to underpin growth is not the answer...

Back