Who's going to be next?

Retro Cat":gsgdvqow said:
I don't reckon Estate Agents on the high street will last much longer. I can't see a shop window full of photos and lights blazing as a viable business.

In theory there is an opportunity to try a new business plan there - people have sold their houses online before, do you really need an estate agent to sell a house?

yep, sold our flat direct to the landlord of the flat below. far easier and saved a few bob too. just needed us to keep on the case of the solicitors. who were shit.

dyna-ti":b81jyy8w said:
I have my fingers crossed that its Halfords :D

Sorry mate,I dont think they will be going anytime soon as they are owned by the same group as Nationwide auto Centers,and they are doing ok ATM ;)

electronicaeric":1a0aqf7t said:
dyna-ti":1a0aqf7t said:
I have my fingers crossed that its Halfords :D

Sorry mate,I dont think they will be going anytime soon as they are owned by the same group as Nationwide auto Centers,and they are doing ok ATM ;)

They don't have the most clued up of staff - I go to local independent shops for the knowledge and service for anything car, motorbike or bike related.

Millets - are they in a spot of bother now? My local branch seems to have very rapidly had a closing down sale and shut without much of an announcement.

Then again, a lot of my local high street and surrounds seem to have had "everyday" names such as The Works, Early Learning Centre, Pizza Hut, etc. vanish in the last couple of years to be replaced by yet more restaurants and coffee shops and the odd purveyor of overpriced tat (as per the Harry Enfield/Paul Whitehouse "I Saw You Coming" sketches ;) ) for people whose existence resembles something out of a broadsheet Sunday supplement.

David

Back