What constitutes 'bumping' your own ad....??

RobMac":1s9nbq6v said:
one-eyed_jim":1s9nbq6v said:
I didn't say that you did
Let me be absolutely clear. I said that The History Man had received a reprimand. I didn't say that only The History Man had received a reprimand. For all I know, you may have reprimanded dozens of other posters for the same alleged offence.

For what it's worth, I'm generally grateful for all the work that the mods do in the background to keep the site running smoothly. This particular case seemed a touch heavy-handed, and I bookmarked this thread because I was interested to see if that was the consensus. It seems to me that it is.

KDM":1potn5cl said:
I would have thought the best clarity would have come from a pm to the mods rather than starting a thread?

I wanted to start a discussion, as is my right I would have thought. Was interested to publicly hear others views on a subject that intrigued me, job done by the looks of it after reading back through all of this!

As I said - 'worms, can, open'

As you were....

Was about to add some pics to a for sale thread, thinking people would consider the listing half assed. about 20 pics of varying parts. more than one post in 10 minutes. do I bother? Is it, isn't it....?

the trouble is.... when "Rules" are applied to all, fair play, when its "just when the odd one is noticed/singled out"..., then whats the point.

IMHO a MOD SHOULD have the decency to PM the member at minimum......, especially if posts are going to be deleted without warning

Either manage the rules for all or let it slide,

Members only end up not bothering any more.

And that's a shame.

Without member contributions, its stale, boring and the site slows down (And not just the Sales thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=325581) ,

and what good is that John, the members, history, digging/finding/storing of information long lost-A very valuable commodity to the site---totally reliant on members, and the brand name that is Retrobike.

sinnerman":3k1ztlnt said:
Was about to add some pics to a for sale thread, thinking people would consider the listing half assed. about 20 pics of varying parts. more than one post in 10 minutes. do I bother? Is it, isn't it....?

There CAN be valid reasons. 20 pics for example is often too much for one post. It only becomes an issue if you post one pic, then post another one 10 minutes later, then another one, and so forth. In those cases it's fairly obvious that we'll suspect there's something going on.
As I said before : "Use common sense".

When we do lock a thread, merge posts or do anything else and you think that was unjust, by all means get in touch. We're all human and humans tend to err or misinterpret.

We could avoid the occasional mistake by PM-ing every single poster before intervening, but most of the time we're right and we just can't leave every single thread open for days while waiting for an answer to our PM. Doing so would also massively increase the amount of work involved in moderating.

Back