Karma Ant's 2023 New Years Day Giveaway - We have a winner - Synthiaks

Epic karma! Brilliant idea. Was a pleasure to spend some time in here with you all today. Just in from dinner at my sisters…. I’m off for some couch time 😂.

This was superb! Great to see and congrats to the winner
I of course missed it as was busy drooling over the Italian classified site with the Scapins

Hurrah! The lovely tyres arrived yesterday, only just got back to the house in this crazy rain to unbox them.......so now I have to decide what they go on! I've never had anything NOS before but as these such a generous New Year gift I'd like to see them on a bike, not sit on a shelf.

They are a strong tan wall colour, so first thought was my old S&G Muddy Fox A as it's black so think they might go well with the colour....it's sat on its original tyres which although being about 40years old aren't bad, but probably better put to one side for their sake......I know these tyres are way later (2015??) But have a vintage feel so shouldn't look out of place.

Other option is maybe the buckshaver....which has WTB raptors which look nice as all black, but these might also work against the red.....tread isn't mega aggressive though.

Thanks again Ant.....such a great start to the year, a nice thing among some less nice new year events.

I'll have a think about anything else I have but those feel.like the best two options..... weighted towards the fox. IMG_20230108_085751.jpg

Hurrah! The lovely tyres arrived yesterday, only just got back to the house in this crazy rain to unbox them.......so now I have to decide what they go on! I've never had anything NOS before but as these such a generous New Year gift I'd like to see them on a bike, not sit on a shelf.

They are a strong tan wall colour, so first thought was my old S&G Muddy Fox A as it's black so think they might go well with the colour....it's all pp sat on its original tyres which although being about 40years old aren't bad, but probably better put to one side for their sake......I know these tyres are way later (2015??) But have a vintage feel so shouldn't look out of place.

Other option is maybe the buckshaver....which has WTB raptors which look nice as all black, but these might also work against the red.....tread isn't mega aggressive though.

Thanks again Ant.....such a great start to the year, a nice thing among some less nice new year events.

I'll have a think about anything else I have but those feel.like the best two options..... weighted towards the fox.View attachment 693307
They are great tyres but I found them very tight fit on nearly every wheelset I tried them with.
They look great, function really well and what a karma gift they are. Hats off to Ant for the new year spirit and generosity

Latest posts

Back