Vancouver recommendations

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I am going to Vanouver for a week next month. I haven't really made any plans yet, but it would be nice to get in a little biking if I have time. Does anyone have any suggestions where to ride or where to rent a bike? If I am renting a bike, odes it make sense to rent one for the whole week (i.e. is it a good way to travel around Vancouver) or just rent one for a day to get out on some trails?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Assuming you mean Vancouver, Canada, there are tons of places to rent both conventional and e-bikes. Had a relative visit from out of town recently and the hotel they stayed at had courtesy loaners. As for traveling around Vancouver, as long as you keep your expectations in check, yes it's worth it. We're not Amsterdam, but we're committed to adding infrastructure all the time. Drivers are generally considerate (if sometimes ignorant) but be careful of trucks (lorries I guess).

Riding is a good way to get around the city, not least because the weather is still great. Hop over the bridge into North Vancouver and you'll be at the famed North Shore if you like trails, and not far from Whistler.

Thank you. I do mean Vancouver, Canada 😅 so that's very helpful.

A week until I travel and I haven't done anything more than buy the plane ticket.

Reactions: hyt
I'm sorry I don't have any specific rental recommendations as I've never rented, but a quick search shows a pile of places concentrated in the downtown area near Stanley Park. I guess that isn't surprising as cycling around the Park and along the water is very popular not just for tourists but for locals too. What's surprising even to me is how well they're all rated---looks like you can't go wrong with any of them, basically.

If you continue west towards the UBC Endowment Lands and Pacific Spirit Regional Park, there is a network of gravel-ish trails there and it's one of my personal favorite places to bike. In the opposite direction, there's Burnaby Mountain to the east where Simon Fraser University is, and it's also where you'll find the Mountain Air bike park that's open to the public (free!).

Back