Twentyfour 12 is anyone doing this in 2014?

Re:

So if I get there first how many spaces should I try to baggzee! How many of us are coming? AND where are we going to aim for as a camp site?

Doug

Re:

Anywhere trackside, and as close to the main start/finish area as possible.
There shouldn't be too many issues with reserving a decent sized area.
I'm hoping to be down there late afternoon myself

Re:

It is my plan to go down Thursday night or very early Friday morning. The camping arrangements I suggested to Wookie were to drive past the arena (dirt track running up right side of the valley) to the far end of the field somewhere trackside near the river. Normally there is a long section of trackside camping including a loop through the campsite.

My team (all modern bikes :facepalm:) are arriving Saturday morning, so please sprawl out a bit so we can squeeze in their gazebo and van in the morning by shuffling a few cars!

I will probably go out and get a few laps in on Friday when the course is open, if I'm not by the tent I'll drape a RetroBIKE t-shirt over my bikes which will be on the roof of the car.

Directions to site marked 'show field' here: http://www.newnham.co.uk/shootingground ... dscape.htm

SP

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":og7zktdy said:
It is my plan to go down Thursday night or very early Friday morning. The camping arrangements I suggested to Wookie were to drive past the arena (dirt track running up right side of the valley) to the far end of the field somewhere trackside near the river. Normally there is a long section of trackside camping including a loop through the campsite.

My team (all modern bikes :facepalm:) are arriving Saturday morning, so please sprawl out a bit so we can squeeze in their gazebo and van in the morning by shuffling a few cars!

I will probably go out and get a few laps in on Friday when the course is open, if I'm not by the tent I'll drape a RetroBIKE t-shirt over my bikes which will be on the roof of the car.

Directions to site marked 'show field' here: http://www.newnham.co.uk/shootingground ... dscape.htm

SP

Great thanks for that...I should be there between 2-3pm Friday and will try to secure as much space as possible!

Re:

I have arrived, just before they shut the gates! Be aware the M5 is down to one lane through Exeter :x

The track-side loop (~100m long with 180 degree switchback same as previous years) was already quite full, so I'm track-side just past that. I'm easy to find, drive past the arena and when you get to the last set of 6 portable toilets look left and you'll see a big tree with a small blue tent and grey Audi underneath. I thought the big tree would be an easy reference point getting back to the tents after a night lap :D

SP

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":35fuz9sw said:
I have arrived, just before they shut the gates! Be aware the M5 is down to one lane through Exeter :x

The track-side loop (~100m long with 180 degree switchback same as previous years) was already quite full, so I'm track-side just past that. I'm easy to find, drive past the arena and when you get to the last set of 6 portable toilets look left and you'll see a big tree with a small blue tent and grey Audi underneath. I thought the big tree would be an easy reference point getting back to the tents after a night lap :D

SP

Is that site still trackside?

Re:

Yes, still trackside. I just walked from the arena along the course, this is the closest I can get and still be camped next to the track.

SP

Re:

Good to see some familiar faces.
I was racing in a team (24hr) and was greeted by a great party at the shooting range with heckling from the retrobikers.
Worst moment was when my team mates crank arm sheared off at the top of the first climb. Mate rode one legged and ran the complete course .

Kirbdug

Back