Forks for my team Marin 95

On a previous setup. I put these very silver forks.....

View attachment 762158

On this very....err champagne silver team. Fit well with a low stack ritchey headset.
The colour thing didn't bother me. 13 miles through Yorkshire mud and it all looks the same.

View attachment 762156

I do like that headset, not sure on grip shifts (never tried them except on an old Grifter back in the day lol) but they do make the handle bars look super tidy) how do the grip shifts work for you? I always like the foam grips I had on the bear valley

Thanks for the info, what size person do the three frame sizes fit? I’m wondering if the 17.5 (I’m guessing medium?) is the right size for me (5 11’’). Did marin only make 3 frame sizes?

Thanks for the info, what size person do the three frame sizes fit? I’m wondering if the 17.5 (I’m guessing medium?) is the right size for me (5 11’’). Did marin only make 3 frame sizes?
I have coped with 17.5mm @ 6'2". Not nowadays though. Im strictly 19" +
Considering the mid 40's tight back.

You can find marins in (certain of a baby 13")...definitely 15.5, 17.5, 19 and 20.5. For steel frames 1990---> 1996/7 that i can verify.

I ride a 20.5" 180mm headtube. Im 6'4" .....i had a 19" but sold it as (like marc above) my back will no longer cope with that. At 5"11 you could probably do 17.5" but it depends on use? If its more sedate, off roading and bridleways why not spoil your back and have a 19".

As marc said normally 4 sizes....the 15 and 20 are much rarer beasts. Many early 15 had a rear u brake even after they were dropped as there wasn't room for cantilevers without kicking them till the m735 style came in.

The 750g rockstar forks, did just about weight 750g....but only in 15.5" size...😂.

By the time you got to 20.5" xl frame they are well over 900g....

Its a bit like marins bike weights in the early 90s, which were weighed without pedals (as did many manufacturers).... (because obviously you wont be using those).....the actual logic was that for race purposes...where weight mattered, you would add your own spds.

Lies, damn lies and statistics......
Hi Ive managed to get hold of some Marin forks (correct size for the 15.5 frame) what headset did you use? is there a certain stack height that works best? also what BB did you use? Thanks in advance for any help

Stack depends on year of the frame. Early one were quite short stack....

I tend to use either ritchey or tange on mine. Tange is a good low stack option.

As for bb that depends on crank used....bit they are mostly 68mm width.

Stack depends on year of the frame. Early one were quite short stack....

I tend to use either ritchey or tange on mine. Tange is a good low stack option.

As for bb that depends on crank used....bit they are mostly 68mm width.
as for the BB i would like to keep what I have maybe change the outer chainring or put a White industries on there, I just switch to a 9 speed XTR setup later if I really like the bike

I have coped with 17.5mm @ 6'2". Not nowadays though. Im strictly 19" +
Considering the mid 40's tight back.

You can find marins in (certain of a baby 13")...definitely 15.5, 17.5, 19 and 20.5. For steel frames 1990---> 1996/7 that i can verify.
How did you like your 95 Team bike? how did it ride the only other marin I had was a Bear Valley Zoltone finish which I loved, I had a Boardman full sus a couple of years a go it was ok

as for the BB i would like to keep what I have maybe change the outer chainring or put a White industries on there, I just switch to a 9 speed XTR setup later if I really like the bike
Im afraid ive never owned a marin bike that modern...so I can help you with the bb length for a white industries crank. It also depends on what you have on the bike to start with......

How did you like your 95 Team bike? how did it ride the only other marin I had was a Bear Valley Zoltone finish which I loved, I had a Boardman full sus a couple of years a go it was ok
Well, some 10+ years on, I've still got it👍
Some parts and forks have been swapped since. I use it for work (on road with knobbly tyres) and the bike can also attack cross country too.
It's a lightweight Machine that makes almost any terrain easy to navigate.

But then, it has mid 90's geometry where the cruising angle is too low at the front, with a long top tube too. For my purposes i will use it for short duration xc (where i consciously alter rider position) for comfort and power prompt.
Commuting though....ive got a new-ish 2nd hand gary fisher advance. For that chilled out experience 😉.

Back