Anyone Tried Head Tube Reducers?

Well I'm in the uk so they fix my stupid mistakes on the house haha... but yeah, I'd want to be giving them a thorough inspection before trusting life & limb to them. The seatpost in question was on a bike I test rode so not sure of the brand, but it literally lasted 30 seconds. I'm a big guy but not THAT big!!!!!
What a concept. I heard chix dig scars so what do you has to lose?

I cant see a dr until next year because i wont hit my deductible this year. Aligns my needs with my wallet but- im sure some *other* people put off going to dr even when its free… :(

Carbon. Yeah. Some bits are just bad. I bikepacked in india himalaya 2 months with a used enve seatpost. Never gave it a second thought. Ive seen bike shops that refuse to touch carbon anything. Fact is well done carbon is really good: airplane wings, f1 suspension pieces, but there is lot of inexpensive bike carbon isnt far from fiberglass.

AlphaQ was made by true temper and has been durable for me. My yeti carbon frame broke twice but im pretty sure that was a garbage product.

Didn’t some Cannondales come shimmed down from the factory? Or is it ‘recollections may vary’?!?

Lefties and the in-headtube shocks looked weird, but ordinary forks in a big head tube looked weirder IMHO.
On the Cannondale's the head tube is 11/4 to allow for the Headshok inner workings. I ran a CAAD3 MTB with a set of reducers to run a conventional fork for years with no issues with several brand of fork.

On the Cannondale's the head tube is 11/4 to allow for the Headshok inner workings. I ran a CAAD3 MTB with a set of reducers to run a conventional fork for years with no issues with several brand of fork.
I did same on an Alpinestars 1 1/4 , no problem

Back