Trek OCLV Y-50 Dark Tribute Finished pg17

Peachy!":15hrb2l3 said:
Help required with my rear spin here please chaps... :facepalm:

Seriously though.... I don’t want to have to resort to lacing up a pair of SUP’s with some XTR.... because that’s what’ll happen if I can’t sort this Spin rear... :(

Swapped the carbon Campagnolo record with an Easton EC90... as I really needed another 40/50mm of post.
Matches up well with the cockpit... I’ll take it out for a spin in the morning to see if it feels as good... E302BF54-E0C6-4DF3-A096-BD5AC9F9E8D5.jpeg 7A27B455-35C4-4792-84F1-144894FEB6D8.jpeg D406D945-637C-42E3-8C7E-5A7C29DDB042.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

Right choice, as you say, the red on the post balances with the cockpit nicely :cool:

I've got a spare pair of spins but not a single, will look out for a single on my travels

Re: Re:

yakboy":1bwo8p8k said:
Right choice, as you say, the red on the post balances with the cockpit nicely :cool:

I've got a spare pair of spins but not a single, will look out for a single on my travels

Cheers Si, although the Holts silicone spray that I used after the complete strip/clean/re-build seems to be working well. It's allowed me to tighten the hub up further, reducing the wobble substantially whilst not having the bike feel like I’m dragging a horse.... :roll:

I must admit though...it's not an awesome ride.. :| The lock-out switch on the DT swiss is an absolute must! :shock:

If it wasnt for the fact that it is very comfortable downhill on the rough stuff I'd have stripped it and pushed it on by now...

Re: Look what the cat dragged in...

Retro Spud":whtumt38 said:
Nice project - a Turd which will no doubt be rolled in Peachies finest fairy dust and sparkle brighter than when it left Wisconsin ..... high hopes on this one Chris - no pressure like !

A proper 90's ICON

in the meantime whats the betting you or Jnr do this with the frame..... just like Posh Mark in LGF's back garden post the Gates ride
Who's that on the right having a slash? Pg1

Re: Look what the cat dragged in...

No idea.....

And in other news.... just to prove she’s no garage queen...
57841661-E080-424E-A9BC-A97BD41B03A9.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

Good man, it is getting a bit sticky up at Dalby these days isn't it...time to get out the fat bike :D

Re: Re:

yakboy":szjivq8z said:
Good man, it is getting a bit sticky up at Dalby these days isn't it...time to get out the fat bike :D

Certainly need to swap my daughters 1:95 gravel boots for something a bit chunkier.... lots of leaves...

Back