1990 Marin Eldridge Grade

Whats the frame number?

Looking at it i agree its a 90. Non cast dropouts so pre 91......and post 89 seat stays ( welded higher up).

A guy was selling a bear valley last year on Facebook with splatter green alternative colourway.

Last edited:
Whats the frame number?

Looking at it i agree its a 90. Non cast dropouts so pre 91......and post 89 seat stays ( welded higher up).

A guy was selling a bear valley last year on Facebook with splatter green alternative colourway.
Not super legible but not scratched off, paint down here is having a bad time
I can pick out 2980
IMG_2367.jpeg

Oh man it is a 1990, after more digging the only other photos I can find on that color are actually a post here from 2013, page 2 a user shows the same black and green as a 1990, comparing to the European color scheme the thread was about

Kinda wish I could change the title now so people don’t google their old Marins and find the wrong year.

Fixed it for you :)

Little update, nothing major, replaced the headset with a Tange one using cartridge bearings

The old headset was just all around rough, it keeps loosening up on me, and the races are chipped all over from I presume a decent amount of time riding loose
IMG_2426.jpeg
Just the wear on that top nut alone is bad
IMG_2427.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg
It’s much smoother, looks nicer, and so on

Gotta add because it’s extremely fitting for this bike

Melon bag
IMG_2536.jpeg
It holds a tube, co2 cartridge, 4/5mm Allen keys, a little tape and a tire lever

And it’s shaped like a slice of watermelon which is the most important part

Back