1995 Trek Y-22 Rear Shock

MaxBack

Dirt Disciple
Hey everyone, just picked up my latest project, a 1995 Trek Y-33 in what I've always thought to be the nicest Y color, burgundy.

Unfortunately, even though it's in great shape it is without a rear shock. Can anybody help me out what details I should be looking for when purchasing the replacement for it. Does anybody know the exact eye to eye measurement? I know it would have came with the Fox Alps 4, but what about sizing? To be honest it's the first time I really had to source a rear shock and I'm a little new to this

Thanks in advance!

A couple of posts on forums suggesting size:

A couple of posts on forums suggesting size:

Thanksa lot, I saw those but unfortunately pretty lacking in real info. I think what will be most helpful is if I can get some details on mounting hardware.

The mounting hardware you need will also depend on what shock you get.
Thanks so much for your reply, but can you help me understand this? My research up to this point has led me to believe that I need to measure bolt diameter (m8 m6 ect.), and then the distance from one inside end to the other of the bracket on the frame for both the front and rear mounting point.

Nobody mentioned anything about each particular shock being different and when I look at mounting hardware on websites such as The Lost Co I don't see where there would be a third measurement taken into account.

Shocks have different diameter and width eyelets.
Rather than repeating myself, I've a post on the subject here with an example:

Back