Sir Andy Murray Is Back!

Re: Andy Murray

Superb performance from Murray. Yet again. Consistency is superb, has made the finals if all majors this year.

Add in Heather Watson winning the mixed and a fantastic dat for British tennis.

I hear he won it, probably due to djokavic (spelling?) who he cannot beat, getting knocked out but a top effort nevertheless.,

And Lewis winning the British GP getting close to F1 champoinoin shows that life after Brexit is not totally crap.

Not the mention a couple of Brits doing quite well in the TDF or so I hear.

02gf74":ndd8a4p9 said:
I hear he won it, probably due to djokavic (spelling?) who he cannot beat, getting knocked out but a top effort nevertheless.,
You realise the first time he won it he beat Djokovic in the final? In straight sets?

Muppet.

Re:

It is true everyone has struggled to overcome Djokovic in the last few years. Murray's head to head record against him merely shows how often Murray ends up in finals playing him!

US Open, Olympics, Wimbledon.. ..two of which were done in straight sets.

Quite impressive given the player Djokovic was transforming into in that period.

I get what some are saying, that he won without beating the best player in the world, possibly in history.

Yet even Djokovic does not see things like that. Murray still had to get to the final and do the job.

That is what he does amazingly consistently. It is like a country meeting Brazil every year a half dozen times, if they took even one now and then it would still be impressive.

The atmosphere was amazing, even if the final was rather an anti climax!

I went to my favourite barber in Camden after, and even he was quoting Braveheart and Billy Connolly.

Great day all round.

I feel he has a brace or so of slams left at least, which is one hell of a prospect.

Surely Sir Andy now?

technodup":gasrem78 said:
02gf74":gasrem78 said:
You realise the first time he won it he beat Djokovic in the final? In straight sets?

Muppet.

I didnt realise coz i dont follow tennis that closely but in recent times, djokovic was the player he could not beat is what i hear.

Sir andy? Better to have a mint named after him. :?

Re:

Closest I could find :LOL:
image_16353_1_195315_1_38903_1_48_1_170021.jpg

Re:

KeepItSteel":1254dcwl said:
I didnt see any of his inner resolve in any of the three matches he really wanted to win.. henmanesque indeed.

And 24 is border line peak for a tennis player. If he doesnt do it this year or next it'll take a huge dose of ivanisavic luck to win one later in his career.

LOL!

Myself and EL Pedro's mom both had a great day on Sunday watching Andy Murray and the Heather Watson matches.

These were the first live matches I had seen and I was lucky to have Two tickets for centre court, as said,the atmosphere is incredible and the way the crowd go absolutely silent during play was a surprise.

I am not a huge Tennis fan but Pedro's mom is, so it was a nice surprise for her as I only told her I had the tickets the Monday before.

We both enjoyed the weekend having been to Duxford airshow the day before and topping it off with two British wins at the Tennis.

Back