Sir Andy Murray Is Back!

Re: Andy Murray World Number One!

Still number one!

Interesting to watch his progress recently; he often turns bad form around rather dramatically.

Re: Andy Murray World Number One!

He's defending an awful lot of points from the second half of last year, and the others around him aren't.
With his injury now and those points to defend, I think he'll end the year between third and sixth!

Fed will be No1 again soon for sure.

Re:

Interesting times! I wouldn't be too hasty to take Nadal or Djokovic out of the mix, but the way Federer is playing does suggest he will comfortably ease back into the top position. What happens with Andy, we won't know until he announces how they are going to approach his problem. I'd imagine he is mindful that there are a number of younger players knocking at the door now, and if he withdraws he may never get the chance to re enter the very top. He certainly might have to limit how much he plays, so achieving number one again may not even be realistic.

Would be nice if he can gain another couple of slams, but he has surpassed whatever expectations I ever had.

Re:

I think Roger and Rafa are defending a lot less points than everyone else, so I reckon it will be one of those two.
I think that the way Murray plays the game will hinder him in his 30's and I can't see him competing at the very top for more than 3ish years. Would be nice for him to win the Australian open. He's been so close so many times.
There is no reason he can't compete from anywhere in the top ten though, no one will want to play him in the 4th round!

Back