Sir Andy Murray Is Back!

Re:

highlandsflyer":719p50va said:
World number one.

In one hell of a tough sport.

During the career of some mighty opponents.

Testament to massive effort and testicular fortitude.

Sensational.

+1.
A hard earned and well deserved title.
Chapeau :cool:

Re: Re:

michael franks":3n1med20 said:
highlandsflyer":3n1med20 said:
World number one.

In one hell of a tough sport.

During the career of some mighty opponents.

Testament to massive effort and testicular fortitude.

Sensational.

+1.
A hard earned and well deserved title.
Chapeau :cool:

And we can be sure there wont be another UK WN1 in our lifetimes. Always had a funny feeling he was bloody minded and determined enough to do it. Big congrats to him.

Re: Andy Murray World Number One!

Andy sealed the deal, in style. Djoko was out of sorts, but he threatened to turn it around and Murray could have let his spirits drop and his legs turn to jelly, but he rallied and here we are. The greatest Scottish sportsman, athlete and sports personality. Yeah, that's right! Personality. Those who dismiss him as turgid and sullen just don't get it. Don't you remember Borg?

Sir Murray, oft to be found sitting on Murray Mountain, near his London gaff. Laughing into his sleeve as he reads all the jokes about his personality.

Re:

Whatever happens now, Murray has made it.

Sir Murray. New father, triple slam winner, double Olympic golds, Davis Cup. All in the bag.

You made us proud son.

Scotland number two must visit destination in the world too!

We never had is so good ma!

Re:

Make your mind up! Two days ago, you were saying what a horrible year we've just had!

Yes, we get it, you're a fan ! Why him specifically though? Just out of curiosity.
Sir Chris Hoy needs no introduction, a fellow Scot, with a good personality. As far as I know, you've shown no interest in his achievements.
As a forum for -predominantly- cyclists, I would have thought he would garner far greater praise, even in an off topic thread.

Happy New Year

Mike

Mike Muz 67":r9eh726c said:
Make your mind up! Two days ago, you were saying what a horrible year we've just had!

Yes, we get it, you're a fan ! Why him specifically though? Just out of curiosity.
Sir Chris Hoy needs no introduction, a fellow Scot, with a good personality. As far as I know, you've shown no interest in his achievements.
As a forum for -predominantly- cyclists, I would have thought he would garner far greater praise, even in an off topic thread.

Happy New Year

Mike
What you have to remember Mike, (from what I've read) a few (maybe more?) who frequent the off-topic forum aren't cyclists. At some point they've cocked around on BMX's or rode a couple of trails, but don't get the wider cycling thing or feel that they have a right to the roads for example. It's about collecting something, which just happens to be bikes - it could be cars, but they're too big and expensive and it could be watches, but that doesn't need a shed and "man tools", so it happens to be bikes.

Controversial I know, but it's how I feel and I'm not saying everyone is like that, just some.

pigman":1650d6wl said:
What you have to remember Mike, (from what I've read) a few (maybe more?) who frequent the off-topic forum aren't cyclists. At some point they've cocked around on BMX's or rode a couple of trails, but don't get the wider cycling thing or feel that they have a right to the roads for example. It's about collecting something, which just happens to be bikes - it could be cars, but they're too big and expensive and it could be watches, but that doesn't need a shed and "man tools", so it happens to be bikes.

Controversial I know, but it's how I feel and I'm not saying everyone is like that, just some.

That's very true and I think it 'is' (maybe more)

Mike Muz 67":1kcy7cb6 said:

Happy New Year

Mike

Is it that time of the month already?

I ruminated about those the world has lost in the last year; not the general state of things going forward. I am always hopeful and upbeat. Like my hero Murray.

Mike Muz 67":1kcy7cb6 said:

By some process of psychic elimination I presume? I also can't recall seeing a lot of praise for Hoy on here, which is ridiculous given his achievements. Perhaps, as such a big admirer, you could amend that rather than making rather silly assumptions? I suppose you also know who my favourite boxer is? How about my favourite artist? Clearly you know those I don't favour, merely by searching to see if I have posted about them on a cycling message board. :roll:

article-2635917-0069792D00000258-223_634x405.jpg

A massive hero of just about anyone involved in cycling over the years, I presume.

Back