Set of wheels for my first build

kingroon":17wn5xg1 said:
rojo":17wn5xg1 said:
Thanks for help.

So far i have 19" kona hahanna frame, marzocchi bomber forks, red stem, and xt rear/front mech and xt vbrake/shifters.

What generation XT? 7sp? 8sp? What year is the Hahanna?

I havent a clue what generation it is i bought them of here. think it is 9sp. Hahanna is 1993.

rojo":26ok9b7g said:
I havent a clue what generation it is i bought them of here. think it is 9sp. Hahanna is 1993.

If you look at the back of the main derailleur body, it will have an RD-M*** number.. If it's XT it will start with a 7..

Also, my wheels are no good for you if you need to go 9sp, you'll prob be better off with bkt's Deore set ;)

This is what i have bought
XT M735 front mech: 28.6, bottom pull. Good condition, few scratches here and there but still looks good, perfectly straight and functional. £12 *Sold*

XT M737 rear mech: very good condition, couple scratches, mainly to the knuckles obviously, nice shiny metal jockey wheels which have had about 1 mile's ride on road. These might be a bit narrow as I swapped them from another mech. Look good though £25 *Sold*

Okay, XT 737 is traditionally 8 speed, so do you have 8 speed shifters?

This is all subject to your choice of course mate, don't wanna come across all didactic; build your bike how you want by all means! :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back