Scott Endorphin Frame build up advice

Just looked at the current tatty bike and found x2 xt mechs and Hope hubbed 517 Mavic and non name rear hub 517 rim (not keen on the gold anodising!)

Also some very old Answer "USA built" forks, which I might dismantle for the hell of it...

Thinking of keeping the wheelset and mechs to get up and running? as I'd of though the bike as it stands might only net me £100 or so?

Attachments

• Balance pic.jpg
    Balance pic.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 526
  • Balance pic 2.jpg
    Balance pic 2.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 526
  • Balance pic 3.jpg
    Balance pic 3.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 526
  • Balance pic 4.jpg
    Balance pic 4.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 526
It arrived late this afternoon and some nice Exotic handlebars included so that's one item off the shopping list..........also old bike is almost completely dismantled ready for a clean up and assessment of any bit's I can reuse.

I think I'd keep the XT mechs for the Endorphin, but not the wheels for two reasons; Hope hubs like the front one can be delicate, they have a nasty habit of cracking, and also the colours of both the hub and the rims are going to clash something horrible with the RWB finish on the frame.

There are a lot of good quality wheels about at around £100 to £120, I'd prefer to build it right the first time.

I do like the pedals versatility...the Manitou forks are now in bits and look in a bad way (ie beyond help!) internally, lots of contaminated grease but dry at the same time and some cracked seals/deformed elastomer bits. I'll put them to one side as may be a mini project after this.

New 'Scott' saddle arrived today and I agree on the wheel colour scheme, I think a plain silver hub black rim combo will be best, so yes I'm keeping an eye out for a set.

Well a new saddle and water bottle holder aren't much to get excited about but here's a pic anyway!

Lots of items on watch on ebay and the other bike is in bits bar the crank and BB so I've been fairly busy...I'm now thinking of getting a bike specific tool kit, just researching to make sure I get one that will have all I need (recommendations gratefully received) and the right crank puller, BB socket etc...getting quite into it, it's like working on the car but with great access,everything is very light and relatively lightly torqued so it's a lot more comfortable and with little chance of injuring me or the 'vehicle'

scratch the tool kit I have most of them, just going to get a crank puller and BB socket I think.

Attachments

• Endorphin 1.jpg
    Endorphin 1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 503
Ok crank and bb tools arrived so old bike totally stripped...however I have discovered that the site has a 1998+ section I genuinely thought the site was pre 1997 or nothing, hence my first post plea! I have now scrolled down the front page (go me!!) and found the more modern parts :roll: so will start a new thread there as the online parts roll in.

Back