Ringle…… yes or no?

JRGSXR

MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Had these lurking around for a good few years now. Always thought they were cheap copies, however I’ve seen a few sets recently that kinda make me think these might be the real deal? Thought I’d stick them in here and see what the collective RB gurus think? Cheers for any help, J

IMG_7321.jpeg

Could be Lynx components but yes definitely not Ringle. An easy telltale is the nut part that screws on the end. Ringle had a groove for an o ring whereas these are knurled. Also the part behind the lever is the wrong shape.

Last edited:
Cheers for the fast replies. I wasn’t sure as I’m not a Ringle expert. They came on a bike that was bought new in 1996. The bike was used for a couple of years then spent the next 20ish in the loft before I bought it in 2020. First thing I did was remove the skewers and banish them to the forgotten spares box 😂.

What’s the telltale?
Prob easier to show a few pics of genuine Ti Stix and a side comparison with Improvepart’s repros. The market is flooded with repros now so its easy to over pay for a repro. Lots of love for repros of course. 👍 What’s suprising is that when they first came out like Answer Hyperlite bars, we thought they wouldn't last a season, let alone 30yrs ! They just looked so fragile. IMG_1583.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1582.jpeg
    IMG_1582.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I had my doubts, I got the whole bike for less than the price of a set of Ringle skewers!

I had my doubts, I got the whole bike for less than the price of a set of Ringle skewers!
A few years ago someone on FB picked up $5Ks worth or Yeti dripping in genuine bling for $130 at an estate sale. I guess the deceased never actually told his wife the truth 😀

Sounds like the kinda bargain I’d like to find.
Wait for me to pop my clogs. There's 2 Yetis here and the wife doesnt know the value of either :)

In fairness I do have a spreadsheet tucked away listing my bikes and what they are worth. My son knows where to find it just in case.

Back