Ringle Chinese Skewer Repros

Canuckbiker

BoTM Winner
Brodie Fan
Interesting find today on eBay: modern Ringle repro Ti skewers. Not cheap either, cheaper than NOS I’m sure but $80USD for wheels and $100USD for wheels and seatpost (plus $10 shipping).

Also interestingly: they have the nerve to point out their design fixes the original cam design, huh? I’ve always loved the Ringle skewer design but never used them, are they in need of improvement?

I guess it’s nice to see a repro version for us collectors which appears faithful to the original available, new, no scratches, etc. Personally I’ve not felt too compelled to get these over priced skewers to date but yes, I’m guilty of having them on my wish list.

Thoughts from the community on using these?
72AC621A-98D7-4AAA-B62D-1E9424F8AEF6.jpeg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Improvepart runs an own shop and has other interesting repro stuff too e.g. Headshock shock boots.

But let's not forget the custom, man-made ones from Synlos VS the stuff from Improvepart most likely produced in China.

Last edited:
100% yes, they have the ImprovePart label in the listing, suppose it’s a good thing we have some makers making repros of good parts like the elusive/expensive Ringle skewers. SRP makes repro Syncros Cattlehead alloy caps, much nicer then the plastic one I replaced this year and I’m okay with that.

Not sure I’d go with these while wanting legit Ringle units but good to have the option 👍

I had some ringle skewers, they looked nice of course but the action to tighten them up wasn't that great and they would groan as well.

Not sure if the price for repro version is expensive or not these days, as everything costs much more than it should imho, and that's even more than it cost last week.

Hallelujah for Chinesium and Chitanium. Bit dear but they look nice and probably better quality than the original.

Rok fu , who is the guy behind improvepart is a enthusiast who started with Cannondale parts to help people find those elusive bits we all need.

His headshok rubber boots and tools have helped loads and I doubt he’s in it for the money as they aren’t expensive at all and he documented the process of finding the correct sizes and rubber etc along the way

Rok fu , who is the guy behind improvepart is a enthusiast who started with Cannondale parts to help people find those elusive bits we all need.

His headshok rubber boots and tools have helped loads and I doubt he’s in it for the money as they aren’t expensive at all and he documented the process of finding the correct sizes and rubber etc along the way
Good to know, I’m noticing other possible useful bits on their website now with a second look 👍

Back