RetroRoadRide Series Rd 4: The Cotswolds ~ AFTERMATH pg.5

Re: RetroRoadRide Series Rd 4: The Cotswolds ~ 19/07/14

bobbinogs":1d1dqvlm said:
Great stuff. Don't worry Karl there are about 7 of us riding so no reason why cannot wait a little while.

One thing we cannot avoid is the weather warning. I am ok with the current prediction but I do have a track record of foolhardiness (ref bad crash on Dartmoor in torrential rain).

Is everyone still ok with the ride ??

OK with the weather although there is a chance i may not make it. We are supplying a beer festival at Warwick Races today and tomorrow and depending on the weather they may well want extra beer, on Saturday morning :facepalm: And i have no oompa loompas to delegate to :facepalm: I've already spoken to Dave about this and will drop him a PM either way Saturday AM.

Re:

I will definitely be coming. Will PM for a contact number in case of travel problems.

I must admit I have not ridden on the road in heavy rain apart from getting drowned ten minutes from home the other week. Feet got soaked...

See you tomorrow - Chris.

Just a thought - Robin & Daj: If you think the weather is bad enough that you would not normally consider riding, I am fine if you want to postpone it.

Re: Re:

Uncle Monty":17b7m6nk said:

Just a thought - Robin & Daj: If you think the weather is bad enough that you would not normally consider riding, I am fine if you want to postpone it.

If we don't do this ride I will be getting my legs ripped off on a club ride so no ducking out options for me!

Weather looks ok during the day although when we cop a shower we will know all about it ;) I think I may get a tad damp on the way over to Stow and then on the way back. My hair is made from lightening rods so I may need to be careful...

bobbinogs":1z1r1l83 said:
Uncle Monty":1z1r1l83 said:

If we don't do this ride I will be getting my legs ripped off on a club ride so no ducking out options for me!

Weather looks ok during the day although when we cop a shower we will know all about it ;) I think I may get a tad damp on the way over to Stow and then on the way back. My hair is made from lightening rods so I may need to be careful...

Just studied the weather too robin I think we will be alright it looks to get nasty after we should be done and dusted. I can run you home if needed cannot risk them locks of yours :D

daj":fsc17nem said:
Just studied the weather too robin I think we will be alright it looks to get nasty after we should be done and dusted. I can run you home if needed cannot risk them locks of yours :D

Hmm.. An amber weather warning has just flashed up on the Met office... for rain! That and thunder is threatened at 2pm.... could get interesting.

Re:

jon w":1ozevvrj said:
Hmm.. An amber weather warning has just flashed up on the Met office... for rain! That and thunder is threatened at 2pm.... could get interesting.

That's all right. The thunder will help to drown out Daj's moans as we face yet another punchy climb :facepalm:

bobbinogs":onqh0o2x said:
jon w":onqh0o2x said:

That's all right. The thunder will help to drown out Daj's moans as we face yet another punchy climb :facepalm:

not an issue at the moment I am that unfit I cant breathe uphill never mind moaning !! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re: RetroRoadRide Series Rd 4: The Cotswolds ~ 19/07/14

Bring some cash chaps !!

I am having a bike stuff clear-out if you see it ....Its for sale!! Including two group sets modern carbon campag + shimano 5700 (both including wheelsets)

Back