RetroRoadRide Series Rd 5: Gospel Pass - 21/09/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been ill all week it's just moved onto my chest :(

Where's robin and Adam??

grumpycommuter":2nxjzkqi said:
Can we park at the village hall?
Yes to parking at the Village Hall, I've updated the details in the original post.

grumpycommuter":2nxjzkqi said:
How fit are you Edwards? I'm concerned that your absence from the domestic scene has been used to hide a Rocky-style training regime. Lifting engine blocks, wrestling bears etc.
Breaking your wrist doesn't do wonders for fitness or weight management although Dave doesn't have the same excuse.

Forgot to add that there will be a chilli post ride for the weary convicts of the road.

Re:

I'm hatching a plan to be there for this. I'll be up at 5 am anyway to take my Dad to the airport.

Re: Re:

drystonepaul":x6mmz27b said:
I'm hatching a plan to be there for this. I'll be up at 5 am anyway to take my Dad to the airport.

Excellent!! Be great to see you Paul :cool:

Re: Re:

drystonepaul":2vvw6sqq said:

Top stuff, forecast is clement so should be a grand day out.

Two days to go and weather forecast looks promising. But far more importantly, Vinia has advised on the apres ride fare which will include:
- Meat chilli
- Vegetarian chilli
- Baked potatoes
- Sour cream
- ‘Special’ apple crumble

I’m tempted to cut straight to the food but can understand that some of you might want a ride first. Which leads to the route. Having observed the passions involved over the last few days when following a democratic process, I have decided that autocratic rule is the way forward. We’re therefore going to ride the Pass from the Pandy side which is longer but shallower but, importantly, means that by the top the overwhelming amount of the height gain is behind us and it’s a lovely descent into Hay for a £1 Happy Shopper pork pie (the alternative route is a fast ride to Hay then a whole bunch of climbing with pretty much nowhere to stop for refreshment). Hope that sounds ok although it’s pretty tough if it doesn’t as I rule with a velvet fist in an iron glove.

Finally, if anyone needs directions to the start or my phone number, just drop me an PM.

See you Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back