RetroRoadRide Rd 6: Lake District - 04/10/14 & AFTERMATH

Re:

Indeed it was a most enjoyable ride. I didn't bring my climbing legs or my sunglasses. I knew I'd need the former but hadn't anticipated needing the latter.
Very much enjoyed the pub/beer stop and all the descents. Kind of enjoyed the climbing as well.
The scenery couldn't have looked better in the dramatic sunlight.

Great selection of riding companions too.

Re:

What can I say? A great day out in some of the most stunning scenery in the UK. After a slightly damp start, it wasn't long before some blue sky appeared and the sun came out. Granted the rain came back now and then, fortunately at its heaviest we were in the pub. Overall very lucky with the weather. It was a real treat to be able to ride on such quiet roads without constantly having to look out for cars and man-eating potholes. The route was really good with plenty of climbing thrown in. Wrynose from the East, the road snaking up and away in the distance was a real treat. You can see it from a long way off, so you know exactly what is in store. The descent off the West side is exhilarating as the road surface is pretty rough. You need good brakes! Excellent company as usual, so many thanks for putting the ride together. I will be making the trip again next year.
Only a couple of photos, as usual I was enjoying myself too much and frankly you just can't capture the landscape.
The usual one by 'that' sign

And a slightly better one which gives you more of an idea....

Cheers: Chris.

Back