RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 3: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH pg.4

Re: Re:

Uncle Monty":3osphv3t said:
... Hats off to those guys doing the event - what was that 75 or 100 miles?...

The event had 100 Mile/100K and 50m options with the longest taking in 3,700 metres of elevation. Quite impressive and no wonder some of those folks looked shot. I did feel a tinge of guilt whizzing past them whilst I was enjoying the thrilling ascent up the Goyt Valley... but I am sure they understood that some things are just great fun to do :twisted:

Re:

It did look pretty tough. When Chris and I passed one guy, I asked how he was doing. He replied simply, "kill me now".

Sorry missed this one guys, to be fair probably was too far for me on the peak hills and probably would have held you guys up too much, If there is a "mini ride" (20-25miles-ish) for the more snail paced riders among us, Matlock/Bakewell/Chatsworth area??

big_dave":1k7ts2cb said:
Sorry missed this one guys, to be fair probably was too far for me on the peak hills and probably would have held you guys up too much, If there is a "mini ride" (20-25miles-ish) for the more snail paced riders among us, Matlock/Bakewell/Chatsworth area??

Why not organise one and see who chips in? Build the stadium and they will come...

big_dave":1qvo39xp said:

There is nothing in the road calendar for August...

Re:

Thanks for the the words of support guys, I'll have a look at what routes I can make up and get back to you :D

Re: Re:

drystonepaul":25xzazkf said:
Indeed. If you have any questions or need any support then just ask.

grumpycommuter":25xzazkf said:
big_dave":25xzazkf said:

There is nothing in the road calendar for August...

I've sorted a loop out, starting and ending in Cromford Meadows Nr Matlock its a pay & display car park or roadside parking, Going through Matlock, Darley Dale, Bakewell, Youlgrave, Bonsal and back into Cromford.

Your Thoughts Please, oh wait en route for me I'm captain slow :oops:

Edit: there is a WC/Cafe at the start/finish point, and you are welcome to get changed in my Van

Attachments

• cromford_bakewell_loop.jpg
    cromford_bakewell_loop.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 757
  • cromford_bakewell_loop_elevation.jpg
    cromford_bakewell_loop_elevation.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 757
Re:

Someone said no rides in the calender for August, so there's a starting point ;) I'm easy whatever suits others the most.

I'll ride the route in advance and get it up on strava in a couple of weeks time, Hopefully should have a garmin sometime this week to play with as well :cool:

Back