RetroBike Classic MTB Ride: Peak District ~ 12/09/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Looks as though the weather forecast has improved somewhat since I checked in the week. Even if it hammers it down, the trails n the Peaks usually drain pretty well, so we should be in for a good un.

Managed to find a bit of time to put together another debutante bike to ride. It's very pink and rather nice.

Very much looking forward to meeting you all over breakfast in the Woodbine Cafe.

Could somebody do me a favour and print a couple of these off please: --> http://drystonepaul.com/Retrobike/admin ... _sheet.doc

My printer has been playing mind games with me all day.

Thanks

Re:

Car's all packed apart from bike , panic over when checking bike only to find wife nearly wore rear pads to metal :roll: , found some part worns in spares bin :D fitted and good to go , see you all in't morning

Yup all ready bar the food and camelbak. Vans got effin loadsa frames and stuff in for sale and the "gate" to ride. Hoping the weather fairs better than expected.

Re:

Bike on the back of the car and at my overnight stop in Melbourne. Looking forward to many steep walks ;) got a couple of frames in the boot too (although I'll probably take back more than I came with........

drystonepaul":3kg5k6l7 said:
mrkawasaki":3kg5k6l7 said:
Logchopper - can't be sure I can make the start do to some clubbing commitments the night before. Can you give me a copuple of clues as to where you might be around 1200+ and where is lunch this year, Penny Pot? The Coopers Farm cafe is good just up the road (under the railway bridge) btw.
Clubbing...? Good grief.

Yep, Coopers Farm was the cafe we will be aiming for, or the Old Nags Head next door...

You could meet us at the Mam Tor car park at about 1pm. That's if by some small miracle we are running to schedule. That way you will at least get a good section of riding along Rushup Edge and the Chapel Gate descent. I could always give you a lift back up Winnats Pass at the end of the ride if you need to collect your fun bus.
I reckon we'll be in Edale by 2pm.

You have my phone number so just keep me updated as to your whereabouts.
I am feeling a tad better after a sleep and just woken up! Lol if I have a good sleep maybe I will join you at 1pm who do I contact when there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back