rBoTM October - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Don't be too long fetching the popcorn Bagpuss, you'll miss the vote.
And don't get the sweet stuff, you'll never be an athlete like 14 stone me

Hi I'd just like to share a bit of history on the Harry Perry
The Framset was commissioned by Steve Marchant in 1984 who was a top amateur hill climber in his day featuring in cycling weekly on numerous occasion's. He ordered the frame from Harry perry cycles (then based in Wellington St Woolwich) who sourced the job to Bill Philbrook. Marchant sold the bike in 1992 via the free adds of cycling weekly to a John Collins who kept the frame for over 20 years.
I bought the frame set off ebay from Mr Collins 2 years ago and first built it up with a 6400 group set did the ride surrey on it. As the paint was chipping from the seat stays i had it refurbished by Perry cycles (now in Powys st Woolwich) it was at this point Paul Mepham the owner of Perry cycles informed me of the frames history. After researching Philbrookhttp://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bu ... lders.html I felt quite honoured to own one of his frames. due to the frames heritage or rather to the man that built it I rebuilt the frame using a super record group set cineli giro d italia bars and 1A stem, as spotted Ambrosio excellence rims, bike ribbon bar tape.
not had a chance to ride it very far (needed new shoes) all being well I'll be using the bike at l'eroica

Sounds really cool to get such a great history with it. It certainly is specced and looks like a true pedigree.

The vote is now up, so best of luck to everyone and thanks for a great month :)

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back