98+ BoTM September 2023 98+ BoTM Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankenorange's 1998 Orange O2 drop bar

Spec in photo:

Frame: 1998 O2 aluminium with a few mods(cable stops drilled out for full outers and Cannondale pipe dream copy rear cable stop bolted to monostay)

Fork: Stevens triple butted steel with Kona cable stop

Hubs: American classic 32h micro front radial/205 32h rear 1x both sides(zero probs with the latter over several years of hard road and byway- happened because i ordered the wrong length spokes but built it anyway as a placeholder. Rode it alot andforgot about it)

Rims: Mavic X618

Tyres/tubes: Innova Pro Cobra Skin 26x2.0 / Vittoria latex

Spokes: stainless plain

BB/crank/rings: 107mm xtr/XD2 copy/Osymetric 52 38

Cassette: Shimano hybrid of cogs and clusters. Some carbon and titanium. 13-14-15-17-19-21-24-27-31 with 11 speed spacing. Probably going to drop the 13 or 14.

Chain: KMC x11-el

Pedals: Look X-Track Race carbon

Stem/bars/seatpost/saddle/clamp: Raleigh titanium stem/Nitto B135 390mm/Thomson layback(set forward)/Rolls saddle(mid90's stamp)/ Tune clamp

Brakes: Sram Rival levers(stripped of shift gubbins) and XTR cantis with Swissstop BXP. Paul Moon Units. Jagwire cables and inline adjusters.

Shifters and mechs: Sram 11 speed bar ends/X9 rear/old Dura Ace front with Speen Umlenker for top pull. carbon braze-on adapter and a random chain catcher. Jagwire cables and inline adjusters.

Bottle cages/bottles: Elite Leggero/Elite Jet 550ml

Computer: Cateye Padrone digital hrm/cadence/speed

Original clear Crud Catcher rounds it off. Asssaver thing for when it is wet out.

Plenty for haters to hate already ;) but have a white Rolls Titanio, white hoods and blue Newbaums to complete the bingo card. Also got hold of some nos 20h Crossride rims and with AC hubs some new wheels planned for next year. Also Sram X0 rear mech to go back on after a rebuild.

View attachment 783244

Goes well on byways, gravelly stuff, and can worry roadies.
That is a very tasty build but I fear for your back. Are you part snake?

albash82's 1998.5 Kona Pahohoe
I've had a few threads for this over the last decade and a half. Can't remember if I've ever submitted it for a botm, so if I have. I apololologise.

Below is how it looks now. I need to get some new tyres though. Those old things are cooked.

IMG_20230616_201923.jpg IMG_20230616_201853.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back