rBoTM October - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villiger Labeled TVT92 Carbone

"gridno27's - Helvetia-La Suisse TVT92 Carbone"

Wonderful bikes ... but this month I think there's no French bike within the contenders or better a hooded French one ...

Here's my actual finished Project - Here is my Swiss company Villiger labeled French TVT92 Carbone.

Refer to my philosophie I built it up as a replica of the 1989/90 Team bike of Helvetia - La Suisse. At lot
of later famous riders especially Swiss riders started within this Team their Pro-career in road cycling.

The motivation to build up this bike, was the fact that I found a nearly complete group set of Suntour SUPERBE PRO
in perfect conditions. So I investigate which team used in the 80s to 90s such a group set.I found 2 PRO-Teams are using this product of perfect Japanese mechanism. These were Dutch Buckler-Colnago Team and Helvetia-La Suisse Team of Mr. Köchli. Such a blue-yellow Colnago hasn't been payable and easy to find, so I go further to the former Swiss Team.

Normaly the riders of the Helvetia-LaSuisse team rode steelmade Villiger labeled Peugeout frames (I think the flashes are really similar to a Peugeot PX), but on uphill stages some riders also used a TVT92 Carbone frame set too. So I found a connection to my small plastic Probikes Replica collection and my favourite TVT:D .

From this moment I'd looked for such a green couloured TVT92. With help of Chris better knows here as @Stringfellow1946 - who has so much specific knowledge of TVT92 I found such a frame set. But after starting the project I became aware, that there hasn't been any decals for a Villiger-Suntour labeled TVT. With the great support of DB from http://www.wanit.co.uk (... sorry for advertising but he's really good!), who made all this decals individually for this project, I 'v been able to realize this project. Thanks to all my supporters.

The technical spec of the bike has been much authetic as possible - but in memorial to the support of Swiss company Weinmann during foundation of the team, I found a NOS pair of Weinmann Carrera tubulars rims to complete them with the SUPERBE PRO 7-speed hub set instead of in this times mostly used MAVIC GP4s. The group set is a 7-speed Accushift Suntour SUPERBE PRO incl. seatpost, pedals (they are orignal Suntour labeled SB-TM01 manufactured by TIME) BB and headset. The stem-bar-combination is from 3ttt, the saddle is a black Selle San Marco Rolls and 2 white Elite bottle cages, which has been used in this time. At least after long searching I found a corresponding Jersey of the Team too, which is now hanging beside the bike on the wall.

... so enough tales - now you can enjoy the first 2 pics of this bike, first a view to side of choclate of the bike and than a closer view to this fantastic wonderfull drivetrain of the Suntour SUPERBE PRO, later I will start under "Reader's bike" a full lenght thread for this bike.

Attachments

• TVT92 Helvetia_La Suisse_Suntour.jpg
    TVT92 Helvetia_La Suisse_Suntour.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 6,900
  • TVT92 Helvetia_La Suisse_01.jpg
    TVT92 Helvetia_La Suisse_01.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 6,900
Re:

Toughest in ages. Its down to choosing one of two. I'm torn between youthful nostalgia and bike beauty. No more entrants please, its hard enough.

Bikenut's Moser San Cristobal Pantografata: full Gipiemme groupset.

Found in a sorry state and part by part refurbished, found some NOS GPM brake levers and engraved stem too!
Unusual fork crown without the usual 'M', looks more like Battaglin style.
Original catalogue item here, but an earlier edition: http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/moser/9d.jpg

Size 55 x 55.5

Attachments

• Moser Pantografata - 1.jpg
    Moser Pantografata - 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 6,875
  • Moser Pantografata - 5.jpg
    Moser Pantografata - 5.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 6,875
  • Moser Pantografata - 4.jpg
    Moser Pantografata - 4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 6,857
  • Moser Pantografata - 3.jpg