rBoTM October - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
...which dust cap you mean - on stem or on crank set?
yes you are right - on the 3ttt Record stem teh dust cap is missing - it is so hard to find stems incl. dust caps
But how you can see it on these 2 pics? You must have eyes like a falcon if you see the missing of a dust cap
at the stem.

On the crank there are origin Suntour caps

Attachments

• TVT92_Helvetia-LaSuisse_wall_02.jpg
    TVT92_Helvetia-LaSuisse_wall_02.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 7,014
  • TVT92_Helvetia_front_stem.jpg
    TVT92_Helvetia_front_stem.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 6,997
WOW! Great month with a few hard choices to be made.
The poll will go up Saturday evening, ie: the last day of the month and will run for 5 days. So any last minute entries should get shifting.

Jamie

gridno27":mki8t5n9 said:
...which dust cap you mean - on stem or on crank set?
yes you are right - on the 3ttt Record stem teh dust cap is missing - it is so hard to find stems incl. dust caps
But how you can see it on these 2 pics? You must have eyes like a falcon if you see the missing of a dust cap
at the stem.

On the crank there are origin Suntour caps

I think he meant the tyre valve dust caps! Campyoldy has 3ttt stem caps, NOS

But sorry - I never use dust caps on the valves - after mounting tires I throw them away.[/quote]

Man after me own heart . I never fit dust caps either . I also rarely use the small threaded washer/nut during the winter months . Nightmare with cold fingers if they have been on a while.

Re:

Pro bikes of the peleton have no tyre valve dust caps nor do they have crank dust caps. They are reserved for garage queens

bagpuss":29yar3kz said:
But sorry - I never use dust caps on the valves - after mounting tires I throw them away.

Man after me own heart . I never fit dust caps either . I also rarely use the small threaded washer/nut during the winter months . Nightmare with cold fingers if they have been on a while.[/quote]

I find the locking nuts come loose and lead to a rattly wheel. :evil: I never use the dust caps either FWIW.

Good month ! :cool:

Mike

Spokesmann":2viqpr6v said:
A wall hanging with missing dust caps.... Mmmm

Plus the tyre brand logo should be aligned with the aforementioned capless valve! The devil is always in the detail...rules...and agree with your sentiment so perhaps two competitions, one for bikes that are ridden(!), and one for wallhangings(?).

Jon.

Re: Re:

pigman":20ufqws6 said:
Pro bikes of the peleton have no tyre valve dust caps nor do they have crank dust caps. They are reserved for garage queens

That's correct if you have a genuine team bike (not a replica or some faux poseur machine): you've vectored in on something that's a little irrelevant for this competition unless the rules...cranks should be horizontal and have pedals attached...

Jon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back