RBotM AUGUST 2017 - REYNOLDS 531 MONTH! NOW CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RBotM AUGUST 2017 - REYNOLDS 531 MONTH! NOMINATIONS OPEN

:shock: That T cut was certainly worth it on the Holdsworth :shock:
;)

A couple of more really impressive machines one again, thank for sharing.
LGF, unfortunately you have been bitten by the photobucket picture hostage situation :)

I would love to see the 531 motorcycle frame as a fair while back now I raced a 531 framed (I think) Hagon slider for a couple of classic speedway meets back in OZ. It was definitely Reynolds. No photos, just brown leathers :shock:

Jamie

I use flickr.com myself and it's like a fast, working modern photobucket. :)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":mvgkzlct said:
I would love to see the 531 motorcycle frame as a fair while back now I raced a 531 framed (I think) Hagon slider for a couple of classic speedway meets back in OZ. It was definitely Reynolds. No photos, just brown leathers :shock:

Jamie

Had a word with myself in the mirror (hence deletion) !

Rk.

Re:

My 1960 Carlton Flyer...
24" close clearance frame, on an H prefix number, possibly built for sprints.
Restored by the former owner and since had a small fortune lavished it on it by myself to get it just how I like it.

P8271212_zpsy8mhtr64.jpg

P8271219_zpsnkj6u9tc.jpg

I thought I better put my money where my mouth is and support the competition.

I am entering my 1992 531c Mercian King of Mercia
It is still running on the stuff that I did a quick mock up build from the parts bin, but it works and rides so nice that it has just stayed that way for a long while. It is a mix of Dura Ace 7400 ish and Exage brakes for the drop. It's a bit rough but it rides lovely on and off road.

The build thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=356692&p=2761716&hilit=Mercian#p2761716

Jamie

DSC_1573 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3021 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Competition nearly finished, closes midnight so any late minute entries need to get in quick! :)
C'mon, there must be someone ready with a couple of pics of their favourite steel bike :)

Jamie

Nominations now closed and Poll will go up in the morning.
Thanks to all who entered and supported this months comp.
There's going to be some hard decisions made to pick a winner from this diverse group of 531 framed cycles, as usual, such a high standard.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back