rBoTM RBotM July 2023 - Open Month - Enter now!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.
A late entry, a rebuild of a 1954 Holdsworth Hurricane for a friend.

Link to build page above and a couple of pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5723.jpeg
    IMG_5723.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5724.jpeg
    IMG_5724.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Masciaghi Fausto Coppi Lugano 53' made with fillet brazed Columbus Genius tubing. Team Polti 1994 colours with and ex pro issue DA 7410 groupset.

I am led to believe that Giovanni Pelizzoli of Ciocc was responsible for the design and building of pro team/high end Masciaghi frames in the early to mid 90's.

Although not my dream vintage bike it's still a nice thing to own and rides very well. Weight is 8.9kg but feels like 7kg when kicking up a small hill or climbing out of the saddle. Definitely an more unknown/underrated bike compared to your usual Italian stuff. Unusual for the time, a dropped seat stay design that was briefly legal for a couple years back in the 90's.

Allen.

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

šŸ˜Congratulations ā€¦itā€s a wonderful bike - I love it

Re: white Fausto Coppis used by riders, I.e. Fabio Baldato, Michele Bartoli etc of Team MG-Technogym before they switched in 1996 to the dark-blue Aluminium K14

šŸ˜Congratulations ā€¦itā€s a wonderful bike - I love it

Re: white Fausto Coppis used by riders, I.e. Fabio Baldato, Michele Bartoli etc of Team MG-Technogym before they switched in 1996 to the dark-blue Aluminium K14
Hi Gridno,

The bike is in Team Polti 1994 colours as far as I can see. Gianni Bugno used his type of frame with the dropped seat stays in 1994, along with other conventional steel/titanium frames and the carbon Airone (re-brandedC4 Carbonio). In 1994 MG still used Bianchi bikes.

In 1995 MG used Coppi bikes and the standard colour was dark blue, with Polti switching to Yellow frames. This year saw both teams using steel, aluminium and titanium frames, with MG using dark blue, white and burgundy colour frames. As far as I know Polti only used Yellow and perhaps sold their white frames to MG but that's just a guess.

Bugno 1995 - Genius with dropped seat stays.
2018 scan (21)-XL.jpg

1995 - MG titanium and Polti Genius dropped stays.
amstel95-gianetti-spinergy-920.jpg

MG 1995 - Aluminium and Titanium
Gallery-Compleanno-Scinto-2023-3.jpg

Hi Gridno,

The bike is in Team Polti 1994 colours as far as I can see. Gianni Bugno used his type of frame with the dropped seat stays in 1994, along with other conventional steel/titanium frames and the carbon Airone (re-brandedC4 Carbonio). In 1994 MG still used Bianchi bikes.

In 1995 MG used Coppi bikes and the standard colour was dark blue, with Polti switching to Yellow frames. This year saw both teams using steel, aluminium and titanium frames, with MG using dark blue, white and burgundy colour frames. As far as I know Polti only used Yellow and perhaps sold their white frames to MG but that's just a guess.

Bugno 1995 - Genius with dropped seat stays.
View attachment 761812

1995 - MG titanium and Polti Genius dropped stays.
View attachment 761813

MG 1995 - Aluminium and Titanium
View attachment 761814
*first image is Bugno 1994

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back