rBoTM RBotM November 2023 - Frame Month - Enter Now

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Italian to add to the mix; a salvaged Rossin frame from the mid 80s; was going to be tossed out! Maybe Record model? TT guides were ground/cut-off when I got it. Needs full restore due to surface rust. @Psimpson any ideas as to the model since I see you have a couple Rossins? I cannot seem to match it up with anything from a catalog of that era. Main difference is the seat stay treatment with a cap instead of a plug style end. Shifter cable routing is through the BB shell. I assume Columbus SL tubing. Sitting a couple years due to being slightly smaller than my size; and I have another Rossin in the works to finish up for myself.

rossin1.jpg rossin2.jpg

Another Italian to add to the mix; a salvaged Rossin frame from the mid 80s; was going to be tossed out! Maybe Record model? TT guides were ground/cut-off when I got it. Needs full restore due to surface rust. @Psimpson any ideas as to the model since I see you have a couple Rossins? I cannot seem to match it up with anything from a catalog of that era. Main difference is the seat stay treatment with a cap instead of a plug style end. Shifter cable routing is through the BB shell. I assume Columbus SL tubing. Sitting a couple years due to being slightly smaller than my size; and I have another Rossin in the works to finish up for myself.

View attachment 799740View attachment 799741
Hi I only have one Rossin and I am unsure of exact model as it had a full respray before I bought it.

Reactions: HPL
Batavus Professional SLX ensemble
left: KNWU (Dutch national team)
right: NOS frame

More on both: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/batavus-professional-slx.473318/

4823537602_77ea122158_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back