RBotM AUGUST 2017 - REYNOLDS 531 MONTH! NOW CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RBotM AUGUST 2017 - REYNOLDS 531 MONTH! NOMINATIONS OPEN

We still have six days to go and I am sure there are a few more 531 machines out there in Macretro land. As I said, dig them out the shed, give them a dust down and take a photo and bang! your in. It might inspire you to finish that build or maybe just to get out for a ride, better yet, your entry may inspire someone else.
I can confirm that there will be a small prize for this month only, due to it being a special themed month. Just to make it that little bit more special :)
So you have got to be in it to win it as they say.

Jamie

Re:

A cheeky entry made from reasonably rare 531 'CS' tubing

1986 - Wales' finest!

file.php

DSC_0033.thumb.JPG.5546695286e1c4625ad3c219df8cb89a.JPG

Thanks for the entry Big Cheese :)
It's a very smart looking machine indeed, very white considering the environment it's in :)

Jamie

Re:

Road Bike of the Month ?!

Sunny and warm here in the Wolds, I'm just off for a ride on my Roberts.

Rk.

I did put in the first post that it is for all 531 bicycles as long as there primary use if for road (or path).
I would say that judging by it's condition, that it hasn't really seen that much dirt over the past 30 odd years.
ATB's such as this I thought should be allowed as they were really designed for both and most got used for commuting as much as off road. The real grey area will come if someone enters a 531 full mtb, which are out there. In that case we can just refuse it, but for those such as this one, I think they bring a bit of variation to the comp, but again, as long as it looks like it's main use if for road. It is the forum users competition so if there are strong objections then let me know, preferably by PM. The other option if people don't think it fits, is just not to vote for it.
I personally welcome the entry and appreciate it because while we do have some really first class entries for this month, the number of entries is quite low, especially considering the amount of 531 tubed cycles that must be owned by the members of this forum. So while it's borderline, the tubing fits and may just help to stimulate conversation on the thread and maybe a few entries.
For example, if you entered every 531 machine on just the first page of the readers rides page, we would already have over 20 entries so far. That's one page out of 105. So there are a lot of 531 bicycles on here :)
I suggested the Reynolds theme as interest has been flagging recently on the comp and I also thought everyone has a 531 somewhere in the family, so we should get quite a few entries, but alas, until now, while entries are great quality, the majority of members outside the core who keep the comp and the section as a whole, just don't seem to be that bothered with it. I thought this may have inspired a few to post a couple of pictures.
To balance this as it all sounds a bit negative, while as in most months, we don't always have the quantity of entries, we certainly have the highest quality all round of any competition I see anywhere out there, online or off. They all have a story as well.

Cheers
Jamie

Re:

Rourke in 531 professional. Bike is original paint from 1986 with C-Record kit. All cables an even Benotto bar tape is original. The saddle is repro and the tubs are new but otherwise as delivered

Attachments

• pjimage.jpg
    pjimage.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 6,059
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 6,059
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back