Photobucket - Arrrrghhh!

I couldn't work out how to paste pics on to forums from Flickr so I'm now using Postimage....

Re:

Damn .. I've now been hit with this $400 ransom and I've had pictures for bits and bobs ... how to's and tutorials that have now, I suppose gone from the many other forums I've frequented!

Just to be safe, I've gone in and deleted all my albums and pics so I dont get 'accidentally' arse raped for keeping photos that might still be up somewhere. Wankers.

Nooo! Why are you lot deleting your linked photos? You are making the topics obsolete.

Although they don't allow third party hosting, if you copy/pasted image code from Photobucket, the thumbnail will be linked to the album, so the reader will still be able to get through to the photos.

Furthermore, PB is still free, you only have to pay if you want more space and ulitmately third party hosting, which nearly everyone does...

cybernck":37d07y2h said:
Nooo! Why are you lot deleting your linked photos? You are making the topics obsolete.

Although they don't allow third party hosting, if you copy/pasted image code from Photobucket, the thumbnail will be linked to the album, so the reader will still be able to get through to the photos.

Furthermore, PB is still free, you only have to pay if you want more space and ulitmately third party hosting, which nearly everyone does...

It wont let you click on the blocked image and open the page, so the only way i see would be to post the url link from your album, in which case people probably wont bother to open it up and check out the pictures anyway. You might as well upload the pictures on the forum as an attatchment until a worthy third party solution arises

Re:

The pictures in my folders are also coming up as the 'upgrade now' image and link ... so as far as I'm concerned PB is done.

Re: Re:

dazdc5":qa7uof6u said:
The pictures in my folders are also coming up as the 'upgrade now' image and link ... so as far as I'm concerned PB is done.

I can still view mine, i just cant link them to any websites. I assumed that was the same for all users... But for me that makes it as good as useless anyway, so it makes little difference

Isn't there a danger that other photo hosting sites will start charging sometime in the future? I've setup a simple sharing site on my own hosting to see how I get on, at least I have full control over what happens to my photos..

Re:

I'm still getting e-mails from them, despite changing all my preferences to no e-mails just before I deleted my account, and of course I cannot change my preferences... because I deleted my account.

I've just put a rule on my e-mail to bounce anything from photobucket back to where it came from.

Back