Photobucket - Arrrrghhh!

Re:

Not sure when I joined but it was a while ago. Is there a quicker way of moving photos other than downloading one-by-one? It's the re-linking of threads on various forums that's the biggest pain.
How much are they planning to charge?

I'm not aware of a faster way to to move over pics atm but as soon as i find one i'll be spreading the word as atm i'm saving the pics to my pc before uploading them to Flickr which is really tedious and yes relinking to forums is particularly time consuming .

They want a yearly subscription of and i kid you not $399 which is really ott in my honest opinion so once i leave that's me definitely finished with them .

Re:

I ******* hate photobucket. A site purely for 3rd party hosting and sharing, after nearly 10 years of use suddenly decides it doesnt allow 3rd party anymore and tries to charge me £399.99 for the privelige. So 9 years worth of threads i have made on various forums now have no pictures... Thanks photobucket

I hope this drives them out of business, nobody is gonna pay a 400 quid random for this blackmail. Photobucket had become worse and worse over the years anyway with lots of bugs glitches, and pointless pop ups/ads that freeze your computer. I find nowadays it lags pretty badly as well

The worst thing about this is the countless number of threads all over the internet that now do not have pictures, how many of the original posters will go back to re-link? Very few I imagine.

I can only imagine a few of the more recent members re linking due to having a smaller amount of photos uploaded on their unlike alot of the older members who have a few thousand pics uploaded to the site which would take a couple of years to re link and just doesn't bear thinking about ..

Agree there Sean. It's become horrid to use. So happy to flush it away as it's now almost useless!

Also it was only last summer I went through all my pics and delete any that compromised security, after all the world is a smaller one in 2016 compared to 2004. I suppose this will finish that off entirely! If only I could delete all my blabber too! Haha.

The forums are a pity though. All my car and bike projects are shared on build threads and unfortunately we can't see others build threads too. Inspiration threads will be busted now too.
Damn. Like deleting pics in your old books. Sad but I'll have to start again with a proper provider.

My original account 2004 till 2007 is still linking as is my sales only account, but the one I used as a main since 2008 on my own forum and here is the one that won't link.

Muddy paw":h9hhotmk said:
however i'm relocating my 1000 pics to Flickr very slowly ..

Flickr belongs to Yahoo, who was recently purchased by Verizon.
I'd suggest not putting all your eggs in that one basket. There is no guarantee that Flickr will still exist this time next year. Verizon isn't exactly known for keeping things around when they are not profitable.

Re:

I have been getting more and more fed up with photobucket over the last year, as the service has been getting slower and slower and as they pile more and more adverts at me. Then in the last few weeks I have been offered an advert free option, if I pay them a ransom of $2.99 a month. I just went to pick up a link to a photo I uploaded last week and there are so many adverts running it never actually displayed the library I was after. :facepalm:

All future photos will be hosted in my dropbox account.

Back