No more bikes! Buy's another bike. Share your shame thread

I'm trying to sell one now and I just found one I've coveted for years (Miyata 1000) and am probably going to make a cheeky offer on it.

My wife will not be happy with me.

I finally bought myself a 2000 M4 S Works frame and then a doner stumpjumper pro FSR XC for the parts. I now have two built FSR XCs a M4 Stumpjumper and the S Works all within a month of getting the S works frame :rolleyes: 🤔🤦‍♂️

Sorry but this site does not help…!
You see lovely bikes and then you try and show the other half who really wants to understand… I buy this for £100 and when I’ve spent time cleaning it up it’s worth £300… “ oh so it’s to sell…? “ agh no not exactly no… also you didn’t share the sub script that your corrupted brain has already looked on eBay for the bars and forks you already know you want if you get the bike …

My lady has managed to remember names now which makes it more difficult.
I am off to look/ buy a clockwork orange tommorow and owned up because if you hiding stuff from your partner that’s a bigger issue in my book…

“Didn’t you buy one in lockdown with that same explanation”

No point trying to explain that’s a disc brake, 9 spd and the surly forks cost more than the frame.. and the potential newcomer is a 7spd canti brake era like I wanted in the first place…

It is what it is, for me it’s attainable and saleable should I need my money back in a crisis, and it’s slowly pulling focus from the cars I don’t get enough time to finish so I think at some stage I will reduce my car fleet and play with bikes, which by comparison is relatively sane.
Good luck with the habit, edit hobby.

Mountainbikes have always been my favourite thing-on-wheels but for one or other reason my midlife crisis drove me to collecting road bikes. After a couple of years I ended up with an attic full of Carrera's, Coppi's, Merckx'es and Nago's (here in Belgium you needn't sell a kidney to buy one back then). But than one day it happened: I asked myself the "what on earth are you doing" question and sold most of them. Now I have 25 vintage mountainbikes jammed in that same attic. I've given up on fighting the urge.

Sorry but this site does not help…!
You see lovely bikes and then you try and show the other half who really wants to understand… I buy this for £100 and when I’ve spent time cleaning it up it’s worth £300… “ oh so it’s to sell…? “ agh no not exactly no… also you didn’t share the sub script that your corrupted brain has already looked on eBay for the bars and forks you already know you want if you get the bike …
hahahahaha this is so me

hahahahaha this is so me
Worst bit is I looked in a cupboard and I think I have the forks… and maybe the bars too!
I managed to get out of jail by suggesting I spend this morning buying another bike… but this afternoon doing a deep service on my other half’s kona so everything works nicely again..
Which I reckon must count as a pretty good deal as I like doing it, and it’s a mega low use kona I found her and feel like it’s an extension of my fleet!

Been very guilty of this in the past but they way out is to find another hobby. Only problem is I now have a growing collection of Tamiya R/C filling the space!

Other option is to build a new bike from the frame up as it takes all your funds and you still get the thrill of the search for bargains.

Saying all that, I still managed to buy a complete 1991 Orange Aluminium O late last year that I neither needed or particularly wanted!😐

Back