new eBay terms and cons

Yeah, I think the free P+P is to level crowded categories, where to distinguish one MP3 player from 5000 others, its sold cheap with the 'price' lobbed in to P+P (and it hides from the comission too. .).

Yup, I now only send recorded as I've had too many people now claim that the item is lost.

Ebay is a seriously expensive way to seel. But you go in eyes wide open. And providing you accept that, then its fine.
I must admit though after two sticky disputed recently, I am evalusting if I continue. Word of mouth brings a lot of people to me anyway now, which is cool.
It is a handy place to find things too, but again, I've got tired of basically getting palmed off with old sh1ite. Pretty much I now only sell NOS, as the condition can't be argued with, and buy NOS as I know what I'm getting.
ebay. . funny ol place.

I wonder if " auction site " will increase as a google search . Egay isnt the only auction site , it certainly wont be soon , they all just need to sort out suitable advertising .

Only one choice from now on, add 'recorded signed for' delivery on every listing. If the buyer doesn't want to pay the extra they can look elsewhere.

Sad that the trust between seller & buyer has been eroded to this by a few arseholes. It's happened to me recently, the first time in over 5 years of buying and selling on Ebay. I think Paypal gift will become a thing of the past too :cry: the protection provided by paying the full fee is worthwhile if it goes pear-shaped. Again, just build the fee into the selling price.

It's all pretty f-ed up really. I've bought and sold on ebay and thankfully only had a handfull of bad experiences (I liken ebay to gambling :LOL: )

Wasn't ebay started by a young couple in their spare bedroom? Now it's turned into a corporate mass money making machine :( quite depressing really...

What I've never understood about Ebay is what would keep a seller from being or having a phantom bidder and bidding up his own item?

For small purchases, this doesn't seem all of that important. Like I said earlier, you can often buy a nice cycling shirt at amounts starting at really low prices. For the seller to profit a bit means he should have set the starting bid at say £10 instead of £5.

For big purchases, well, to me it'd scare away truly honest bidders.

I guess this is either to cover them, or to deal with the situation where a buyer has a rightful claim on non-delivery of goods, yet there's no funds in the paypal account to yank back.

Not all methods of paying via paypay allow chargeback, and it could make a mockery of the whole "your protected" thing with paying by paypal, only to find that your rightfully owed refund wasn't going to happen on account of their now being no funds in the sellers paypal account.

Back