Whats selling like now on ebay ?.

I do sell the odd bit on eBay but no bike stuff for a while. Some people do my head in on there - I had a lawnmower for sale, collection only as I didnā€™t want the hassle of posting. I was asked would I package and post and they would be happy to pay me for this. Spent an hour dismantling, fitting in a box, weighing and measuring. Got it down to a tenner - the reply was sorry thatā€™s too expensive to be viable - a flipping lawnmower posted for a tenner!!!

I agree with @Peachy! about the PayPal situation, itā€™s been great selling the odd bit on here to build my PayPal back up again. It makes for guilt free (well undetected) purchasing!

Tbh..im finding ebay less and less attractive.....i buy far less from their sellers
Unfortunately I cant help myself. Plus they've just had a 15% off voucher I took use of. Bought a festool plunge saw which usually retails for Ā£429 so I got it for Ā£365. Good saving of Ā£64 :cool:

I recently sold there for first time for at least a year. Don't think I will do so again and certainly not with other than "free postage". Charged me for postage which I paid and took a fee out of it! Payment to me on hold until delivery confirmed which meant I had to use more expensive post than the items warranted.
Might as well have given to local bike charity.

Yeah, the postage fee is a pain but came in response to people selling stuff for Ā£5 but charging Ā£50 postage to get around the final value fee. They want their money!

Ebay is still a great place to sell, in comparison to most others.

There still seems to be a lot of confusion and doubt usually from not understanding or others paranoia. Ebay is safe to sell and covers you for many things, even from 0 feedback buyers, we were all 0 feedback at one time. As long as you send with a trackable service, even if it is just signed for, then doesn't matter what happens their end as any disputes merely require proof of delivery, or attempted delivery to be classed as your contract fulfilled. It covers against both buyers and sellers, despite what others tell you.

As for the old moan about money going into your bank account and ebay having the authority to access it to claim back any money owed to them, well, firstly if you do legally owe them money then you should be paying it, not trying to fraud them out of their money. Also people seem to think PP was better as it prevented that. ebay through your PP account had permission also to access both your PP and connected bank account and recover any funds legally owed to them, but some seem to think that opening a separate PP account just for ebay that was not connected to their bank account prevented that. Ebay have some of the best lawyers, if you legally owe them money, no matter how little, they will chase you for it, they will win of course, and you will not only end up paying what you tried to scam from them but also their court fees.

As for money held after transactions, ebay still do that to prevent themselves being out of pocket for new un-verified users, which is a good business practice considering how much they loose every day to scams. By the way, PP used to do exactly the same only for longer. The new laws that came out last week now mean they can not hold it for as long, also means that you can request immediate payment of any money they owe you.

Through PP a buyer could return the item 30 days later saying it was not as described and get their money back, regardless of ebay, they can not do that now.

Ebay fees, as stated above, work out cheaper than previous PP fees, only just, but cheaper. Also i have looked into selling on other sites, none i might ad reach as big an audience as ebay, and the fees are more.

Ebay cs are fine at sorting issues and have resolved many cases for me, a pain but distance selling is always going to be vulnerable to problems. Selling on sites like this present no less a risk imo, and for me pose more hassle when something does go wrong.

Ebay is still a great place to sell, in comparison to most others.

There still seems to be a lot of confusion and doubt usually from not understanding or others paranoia. Ebay is safe to sell and covers you for many things, even from 0 feedback buyers, we were all 0 feedback at one time. As long as you send with a trackable service, even if it is just signed for, then doesn't matter what happens their end as any disputes merely require proof of delivery, or attempted delivery to be classed as your contract fulfilled. It covers against both buyers and sellers, despite what others tell you.

As for the old moan about money going into your bank account and ebay having the authority to access it to claim back any money owed to them, well, firstly if you do legally owe them money then you should be paying it, not trying to fraud them out of their money. Also people seem to think PP was better as it prevented that. ebay through your PP account had permission also to access both your PP and connected bank account and recover any funds legally owed to them, but some seem to think that opening a separate PP account just for ebay that was not connected to their bank account prevented that. Ebay have some of the best lawyers, if you legally owe them money, no matter how little, they will chase you for it, they will win of course, and you will not only end up paying what you tried to scam from them but also their court fees.

As for money held after transactions, ebay still do that to prevent themselves being out of pocket for new un-verified users, which is a good business practice considering how much they loose every day to scams. By the way, PP used to do exactly the same only for longer. The new laws that came out last week now mean they can not hold it for as long, also means that you can request immediate payment of any money they owe you.

Through PP a buyer could return the item 30 days later saying it was not as described and get their money back, regardless of ebay, they can not do that now.

Ebay fees, as stated above, work out cheaper than previous PP fees, only just, but cheaper. Also i have looked into selling on other sites, none i might ad reach as big an audience as ebay, and the fees are more.

Ebay cs are fine at sorting issues and have resolved many cases for me, a pain but distance selling is always going to be vulnerable to problems. Selling on sites like this present no less a risk imo, and for me pose more hassle when something does go wrong.
TBH maybe Iā€™ve been unlucky but on average Iā€™ve had more stress free selling on eBay than I have had on RetroBike, still happy to deal through the forum but I certainly prefer members I have had some contact with. But then one tends to possibly make a few pennies more on here (sometimes) so I guess itā€™s swings & roundabouts

I'm still able to set the postage charge at the level i what for postage, i get a quote before listing and factor in shipping materials and i also state in my ads that this is the case. It did take me a while to figure out how to do it via the mobile app. and occasionally the fog descend and it takes a bit of faffing around.

Something that caught me out recently was the option "Sell internationally with the Global Shipping Programme". I've always kept my listings UK only as it's simpler, so why eBay suddenly made that my default is beyond me.

If it helps there's also 70% off seller fees at the moment.

My biggest complaint about eBay is when a buyer uses PayPal to buy from me the money goes straight into our Bank account and not into my secret PayPal War chest šŸ˜­
Same. I was gutted when they changed that

Latest posts

Back