Titan Ti 29er

Don't want to derail Nick's post but as far as I remember the dropper cable went down the down tube, out inside the BB shell, I routed it in front of the crank axle and BB spacer I think and up the seat tube. Bit of a pain to get fitted, think I removed the cable port and used a piece of inner slid upwards from the bb and hooked it out of the port, then used it to guide the outer down again. The rest of the cabling is external on mine.

Don't want to derail Nick's post but as far as I remember the dropper cable went down the down tube, out inside the BB shell, I routed it in front of the crank axle and BB spacer I think and up the seat tube. Bit of a pain to get fitted, think I removed the cable port and used a piece of inner slid upwards from the bb and hooked it out of the port, then used it to guide the outer down again. The rest of the cabling is external on mine.
I thought that must be how it goes but it just looks like such a tight corner. I will give it a go

Okay, so I did change a few things and have received my final frame drawing that I have now approved. I opted to go for a T47 BB in the end. BB30 wasn't such a great idea in hindsight and I think T47 will give me lots of felxibility in the future as to what cranks I can run.

I also asked for a longer ISP, now 740mm instead of 700mm - too short is a big problem, too long, not so much!

I also had fixings added to the seat-stay and chainstay bridges for mounting full mudguards. Although this is very much going to be a hardtail for most of the time, having options for a rack and mudguards is just sensible. I also had additional rivnuts added to the seat tube so a second bottle can be used on the bike.

Here is the final drawing:

NT-84470059729M-20240218.jpg

Got photos of my frame sent and made the final payment a few days ago and shipping has begun. I'm excited to see it when it arrives in (probably) a number of weeks.

My initial plan was to use my lefty fork as I have nice carbon wheels I'm gonna use. However, I now have a matching front wheel without the lefty hub and have also ordered a secondhand Reba fork so that I can migrate to something less proprietary if needed.

The frame is coming with a headset, I've got my BB sorted and the rest will just be a changeover job. I currently have magura MT5s that I was gonna swap over but... I bought an older himod Flash 26er a couple of weeks ago which needs new brakes (and a few other things) so I think maguras will go on there and Hope brakes from @wynne can then go onto this build instead.

One thing I still need to source is a 34.9mm seatpost topper. Not many options. Titan make one but I'ma go for one from KCNC instead as it looks a bit nicer and is about half the weight.

1000019601.jpg

1000019595.jpg 1000019599.jpg 1000019600.jpg

Back