Name me some Steel and Ti frames.....

Re: Re:

masha":1hykvfqm said:
My '97 HeiHei King Kahuna is the best bike I've owned/ridden

I had a Marin Team ti a few years back, likewise a good ride, geometry was a bit too traditional, but no match for either Kona ti fit, or Merlin finish.

I've only tried Litespeed's ti Road bikes - and love them, so i expect their MTBs are super too.

I have just bought an Orange VIT t2 I will be building up as a rigid ride, but I suspect this is in the same class as the Marin Ti, and not quite as good as the above.

Some say the '96 Kona HeiHei King is special, and I'm itching to try the '92 std HeiHei I'm building for comparison

Which year Marin are you referring to?

The pre 94 models were made by Litespeed, and the later Hei Hei was made in the same factory as the later Marin by Ti sports. Only the mid 90's for a 3 year spell were they made in Asia.

Re:

re. Marin Team Ti 19" Im not sure exactly which year as I bought it 2nd hand myself as a frameset and built it up. It had a rear canti cable hanger and had the centres of the main tubes highly polished and the ends of the tubes satin as a factory finish which would help others age it from the catalogues - I would guess it was somewhere between '91 and '93.

One more for the list here, if you can get one - Rocky Mountain TiBolt - I'd love one of those, I like the geometry and I had a close look at one in Colorado in the mid '90s it was lovely, and the only thing I'd like to really compare to my HeiHei

Back