Name me some Steel and Ti frames.....

Re:

I continue to be really impressed by a Breezer Jetstream, which I've only just started to use despite owning it since '97. Somehow it manages to combine liveliness and sharp handling with amazing stability and comfort; even at around 20lbs it feels remakably safe and relaxing.
It's the best frame I've used by some margin - just does everything really well.

Re:

You crack me up :)

now thanks to lowesfoto I'm back to looking at ritchey P series frames, and the soft tail ......

Re:

Just put a huge mince pie in front of him , that should work.

Mike

Re:

My '97 HeiHei King Kahuna is the best bike I've owned/ridden

I had an XLM for a while, it was good, but preferred the Kona geometry.

I had a Marin Team ti a few years back, likewise a good ride, geometry was a bit too traditional, but no match for either Kona ti fit, or Merlin finish.

I've only tried Litespeed's ti Road bikes - and love them, so i expect their MTBs are super too.

I have just bought an Orange VIT t2 I will be building up as a rigid ride, but I suspect this is in the same class as the Marin Ti, and not quite as good as the above.

Some say the '96 Kona HeiHei King is special, and I'm itching to try the '92 std HeiHei I'm building for comparison

Of the cheaper ti bikes I was pleasantly surprised when I bought a GT Lightning (the unpolished, lower-grade Xizang) - that was a great bike, and I imagine the Xizang is a great choice, and I hope to find one some day.

On steel bikes - I recall my 'stars and stripes' Kona Hot had a lovely feel to it - it was an 18 though and I needed a 19 for perfect fit, so after restoring it, I sold it. The Reynolds 853 was brilliant though - so anything with a patching tube set to this that fits I would recommend too.

good luck

Back