Name me some Steel and Ti frames.....

unit3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have been reading various threads and talking to friends about building up what I would class as a cross country race bike, the sort that look fast while sitting still, if you know what I mean.

Now I'm a alloy frame fan at heart but have had a itch to build a steel or Ti bike.

I have some Ti finishing kit, early first gen SID's, 1.5 conti xc tyres, flite sadles, and a choice of 217 wheel sets.

So I'm after ideas of frames, bontrager, ritchey etc

Ideas and pictures to get my imagination flowing :)

Niall.

IMG_20130223_124231_zpsc7e4ea3e.jpg

DeKerf? Brodie?

Going by the ones you've mentioned already i'd have to hazard a guess you are looking at good quality bikes and hence not sure what you think of Konas but they always look v.fast and the Hots are superb along with King Kahunas and Hei Heis'

Ti, the decent ones are all made by the same groups so pick a band you like.

Steel, they are everywhere, again pick a band you like and go for the top model or one down.

A list is silly as it's easier just to picture search the forum at that point as we'll be here all day just listing names after name after name when it's already on the reades bike section.

Yep, Merlin any day of the week...

IMG_1790.JPG

Also tried a 1992 GT Xizang, but that was no match for the Merlin (comfort-wise, so probably more racing oriented) so I sold that :oops:

Back