My tired & tatty 1993 Brodie Catalyst… make-over???

Retro_Roy":1gpoe0pb said:
i just had a syncros stem and fork painted white myself.
will pick it up this weekend at harald's show.
maybe post a picture here for you to think about. :)
now i want your syncros decals. ;)
speaking of decals, how are those titanium ones coming along?
roy

titanium decals? t'is the wrong thread. :p
haven't printed them yet. still need to re-create the remainder so that i can print them all at the same time.

mechagouki":1gpoe0pb said:
I didn't know you were working on this! I'd close to forgotten about that bike. Glad to see it again and being given your usual level of care and attention!

i originally wasn't, it just started out that i'd slap the appropriate parts on it just to get it rideable. but then seeing all the Brodie projects on here recently, especially Roy's onslaught of Brodie projects, i decided i needed to do some justice to it. sending you a PM with some questions. ;)

Nice bike. I'm surprised its a 93 - when I first looked at it I thought it was one of the latter mass market bikes. When I think of the brodies I loved and coveted they were always black, dark green, deep purple, etc. I think the colour scheme is nice (I'd keep the frame all one colour and use the post, stem and forks for contrast though). The synchros stem and fork is definitely right for the bike as is the race face crank. Brakes wise I think it would be cool to get some funky boutique cantis like Pauls if you can source some. Another great addition would be kooka cranks and levers or Cook Bros. cranks.

Have fun. I'd love to have an early 80's brodie climbmax or expresso frame to restore and build up.

I had one too. It was my first Brodie. Unfortunately it cracked on the rightside lower rearstay. Was replaced under warranty for an eXpresso.

Re:

I wanted to thank Frank for selling me the frame. I am pretty much finished restoring it, it has been sandblasted and powder coated, found a gatorblade, had the stem refinished, and completed the build with period xt parts, and Ritchey cantis.
Don't know if the picture will work, it's been a while..
Cheers,
Steve

20160515_181131_1.jpg

Re:

Thank you sir! Need to polish up my forum skills, and get this bike outside for some proper pictures!

And yes, the repro decals you sent are awesome, may need another set for the stem on the Blizz, if I do restore it that is. Also have to figure out what that 'mystery' frame is, once I figure out how to post pictures again.

Re:

looks good. :cool:
when you get a full compliment of new pictures you
should start your own dedicated thread.
you can post a link to it here as well.

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":2qclj2nl said:
looks good. :cool:
when you get a full compliment of new pictures you
should start your own dedicated thread.
you can post a link to it here as well.

Agreed! Great job on the build.