For Sale 1993 Brodie Sovereign 19"

mauricer

Senior Retro Guru
Hi there,

After testing the bike thoroughly, I can say that 19" is simply too small for me. My upper body is too long for it and I would still like to go back a few centimeters. And since I don't want to have something standing around here for years to swap, I'm putting it up for sale.

The bike came to me from the first owner, who rode it for a very long time, but also messed with it by removing the noodle/rear brake cable guide and replacing it with V-brakes. However, there is enough frame building expertise that can reconstruct the noodle - a first quote was around 50 Euros. In this respect, it was no problem for me, but I would still like to point this out in particular. V-brakes and STI are XT (no idea exactly which ones), crank, rear derailleur and front derailleur are XTR 900 - I retrofitted the latter one.

After the purchase, I also got the cool Kona saddle, the original Brodie ICR stem (20 degrees, 150mm) and the freshly serviced Rock Shox Mag 21, which proved itself very well over 200km and 4000m on a bikepacking weekend and did its job properly. The wheelset can be ignored, a LX at the front and a Shimano hub labeled Parallax at the rear, which I can't identify. Pedals are not included, but horns are mounted on the handlebars.

The bike has been powder coated, so the frame number is not recognizable. However, the 1993 is a guess, also from the usual experts over here in Germany.

It's a great bike and I think, with the right steps, it will soon be a Brodie like it used to be. If it was 20.5, I would keep it immediately, but maybe someone would like to realize the whole thing for themselves. I would be delighted.

This the ad in the german forum. https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/1993-brodie-sovereign-19.978914/

Please note that i will add the items on the last photos (stems, front mechs, tires etc.) free of charge as they are just laying around and i thought it might sweeten the deal for somebody around here. They don't get used and the bike is not ridden anymore. Any questions, please let me know.

Price: 800 Euros + shipping

The bike is located in Hamburg - if someone here is seriously interested i am sure we can work out the shipment together.

best

Moritz
IMG_1562 (1).jpeg

Latest posts

Back