1993 Fat Chance Yo Eddy

Yes, I used Mike Sanders on my Aquafade Yo already 20 years ago. You need to heat the stuff up to 100+ degrees and you need a compressor with serious spray gun. I can't think of better protection. A spray can Fluid Film ASR offers also good protection and much easier to work with. They are available with a long nozzle.
Also going back to protecting the seat tube issue I find that it's a bit tricky with early Yos.

In my case, the housing covers (not sure what is the right word for it) of the bottle and pulley screews are in fact quite long and it's very hard to reach the very bottom of the seat tube as they stand in the way of whatever one tries to insert for cleaning / appying coating.

I basically tried this method with mine:

Last edited:
OK, I ran into design problems...

The Bullseye hubs I have are red/black, and the Campa Stheno rims are also black, those would make an awesome black wheelset.
The Syncros Revo crankset is also black.

BUT

All my other gear, including the seatpost, handlebar, shift levers, brake levers, brakes, shifters, and the top of the fork crown, is polished (or unpolished) silver.

The plan was to color-match the fork and the stem to the frame, which should be "Leslie's Purple" just like this Wicked, courtesy of northerndave:

DSC_8615.jpg

What now?
Search for black parts? (XT maybe?)
Or change the hubs/rims to silver? (and strip the black of the Syncros crankset and put black decals on)

Back