Lockdown build No:3 1992 Orange Prestige ....Finished Update

Re: Lockdown build No:3 1992 Orange Prestige ....

Little bit of prestige time this afternoon
Completely stripped down and gave her a good clean and t-cut polish
Pulled out and RC35’s and shimano 600 ahedaset and replaced with a DX unit and replaced the original forks and a XT seatpost with plenty of patina :LOL: and by god it looks so much better
Just need to get all the DX group together and we’re good to go ;)

It’s been noted that RC30’s seem to have become my signature on builds so only seems right !!! ;)

Re:

Frame is a lot nicer on the eye after a tidy up. Metal fork and post add some shine to it too.

Good stuff so far!

Nice Dave.

Thought you'd been a bit quiet the last couple of days.

mmmm....what you doing with that well patina'd xt seatpost ?

nudge nudge ;) ;) say no more say no more.

emjay":232lh0ju said:
Nice Dave.

Thought you'd been a bit quiet the last couple of days.

mmmm....what you doing with that well patina'd xt seatpost ?

nudge nudge ;) ;) say no more say no more.

Drop me a text Mr J I’m sure we can come to an arrangement ;)

So DX groupset has turned up from France, great nick but the STI’s have the distinct aroma of cat piss :!: very random :shock:

Moving along nicely I still need a DX front mech that was missing from the group so if anybody has a 28.6 bottom pull knocking around also hunting for a set of Hot Rod bars but at this point I’d take any nice polished ally bars !! :facepalm:
Also pondering on a polished stem maybe a syncros if one can be found without having to sell the kids to fund ;)

This is the first bike with a non-black groupset and polished bits I’ve built and I actually quite like all the polished metal finally get the attraction :roll:

clockwork davo":26523xco said:
So DX groupset has turned up from France, great nick but the STI’s have the distinct aroma of cat piss :!: very random :shock:

Moving along nicely I still need a DX front mech that was missing from the group so if anybody has a 28.6 bottom pull knocking around also hunting for a set of Hot Rod bars but at this point I’d take any nice polished ally bars !! :facepalm:
Also pondering on a polished stem maybe a syncros if one can be found without having to sell the kids to fund ;)

This is the first bike with a non-black groupset and polished bits I’ve built and I actually quite like all the polished metal finally get the attraction :roll:

Another great looking build. :cool:
Personally, I'd lose the 'stalk' and either try an earlier one or do a black Syncros/Control tech. It looks too 'new' if you know what I mean.
Is it a genuine 'stalk' or a rebadged something else?

Everything else is spot-on once again.

I've got the DX mech you need. I'll send you a PM.

No hot - rod bars though :(

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Back