1992 Orange Prestige grey build

Eddy13

Retro Newbie
Just completed this build of a 1992 (May) Orange Prestige 17” frame.

Got it as just F&F along with the original headset, hot rod bars and seat post.

Matt grey paint scheme in this colour is pretty uncommon for a Prestige as far as I can tell, presumably not as desirable as the other options at the time.

Paint and decals are all original and show plenty of battle scars, and I’ve just tidied it up a bit to stop corrosion as I will be giving it some use as a rider.

Pedals, cranks, derailleurs, thumbies, QR levers, brakes and levers are all Deore XT m730/2/4/5.

Other bits are Tioga T-bone stem, Kalloy seat post clamp, Onza chill pills, repro Turbo saddle, odi grips and smoke/smoke tyres.

It’s on Araya RM20 black rim wheels with DX hubs, but I’ll be swapping these for a pair of Mavic 231CDs with black DX hubs once I’ve given them a tune up.

Thanks to a couple of retro bike members for stem and pedals.

I’m pretty pleased with the results - tried to keep it original and period correct with a few minor tweaks to my own taste. Will maybe update the photos when there’s better weather/light, but was keen to share these early pics!

Attachments

• 5D4A79AD-95BC-417A-80CD-EA06CD495051.jpeg
    5D4A79AD-95BC-417A-80CD-EA06CD495051.jpeg
    550.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 6D90D91F-6CAB-4FF0-BC4D-E874AB2DC501.jpeg
    6D90D91F-6CAB-4FF0-BC4D-E874AB2DC501.jpeg
    987.6 KB · Views: 138
Oh man, that's the best silver/grey Prestige or Clockwork I've seen and I've been searching for over a decade! It's super rare, probably the rarest of the 92 colour schemes, they just never come up! Please post more pics when you get chance and give me first dibs if you ever sell!

Remember seeing this on a Facebook Ad a few months back. wondered where it went, looks super. Done a sterling job with it 👍😎. Like above very rare, in that colour scheme.

Remember seeing this on a Facebook Ad a few months back. wondered where it went, looks super. Done a sterling job with it 👍😎. Like above very rare, in that colour scheme.
Yes, it’s that one off Facebook- too good an opportunity to pass up, seller chucked in the hot rod bars too which was amazing.

Latest posts

Back