Lockdown build No2 1992 Orange Clockwork....

clockwork davo

98+ BoTM Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So whilst I’m waiting for parts to arrive for the Ally O seemed rude not to have a tinker and get this one under way

Starting point “another Orange Clockwork” 1992 vintage 19” in the less obvious purple with orange bits

Frame again sourced from himself Cheshire1980, again thanks Cal for letting me pillage some of your frames ;)

Build is again black groupo mainly DX with a little hint of LX

(I’m still on the hunt for a set of Deore DX black BR-M650 cantis if anybody has some knocking about)

Currently it has a set of STI’s on just for a change but I’m not convinced there on for the long run, also the syncros bars are particularly narrow so most likely will be change to aid ride ability but like the rise of the stem,
Wheel wise a set of Saracen wheels just cos they are built on black Deore DX hubs and a set of smoke lites , also need to replace all cable as there rot but on the whole very excited to get her up and running.

Couple of pics for you review
Cheers all and stay safe :LOL: :D

Looks fantastic Dave. Yes couldn’t justify having 2 of them clockworks in the colour. Really pleased how this has turned out. Another belter mate!

NO, have your old one mate! Which is a keeper. Bought it off a great chap called Lewis, who bought it from a fella called bluetomgold on here, who bought it from you. Anyhow I have that lovely bike right in my shed, with its beautiful original brown saddle on it.

Basically I bought a frame and forks, the above one. And then the one you had, came up for sale, as complete bike. So kept the complete bike and sold the frame and forks on to Dave. And he has done a sterling job.

NO, have your old one mate! Which is a keeper. Bought it off a great chap called Lewis, who bought it from a fella called bluetomgold on here, who bought it from you. Anyhow I have that lovely bike right in my shed, with its beautiful original brown saddle on it.

That colour Clockwork was in the Orange 1992 brochure.. plus March Mbuk 1992 magazine, which did a review on the clockwork in that colour scheme.. even still, it was not as popular as the orange white fade or black back in the day.

Cheshire1980":1gx311xr said:

Basically I bought a frame and forks, the above one. And then the one you had, came up for sale, as complete bike. So kept the complete bike and sold the frame and forks on to Dave. And he has done a sterling job.

Good to hear that it's still complete. :cool:

Yes I don’t intend to change a thing Ed :) , as it was catalogue spec. Plus I have never come across one of those brown saddles, only ever seen it in the orange 1992 catalogue.

Very nice indeed - great colour. Can I ask how tall you are and if the 19” fits? I’ve just built a 19” up and I suspect it might be too small for my 6’1” height.
Cheers.

Back