Lockdown build No2 1992 Orange Clockwork....

Stodgy":c19v14vl said:
Very nice indeed - great colour. Can I ask how tall you are and if the 19” fits? I’ve just built a 19” up and I suspect it might be too small for my 6’1” height.
Cheers.

I’m 5”9/5”10 on a good day with dinky short legs :LOL:

Stodgy":2s0s1j80 said:
Very nice indeed - great colour. Can I ask how tall you are and if the 19” fits? I’ve just built a 19” up and I suspect it might be too small for my 6’1” height.
Cheers.

I’m 6’2” and still try to convince myself 19” bikes fit. :oops:

I’ve had the same problem with 17 inch Oranges, putting on 15cm stems etc.. never quite felt right, so sadly sold on. However, regardless of height, it’s all about your body dimensions, such as length of legs, arm etc...

So near as dam finished so thought I’d update build thread

Frame: 1992 19” Orange Clockwork

Fork: Orange

Headset: Deore DX
Stem: Generic quill
Handlebar: Orange Hot Rod
Grips: Foamy ones

Brakes: Shimano Deore BR-MT62
Brake Levers: Shimano Deore BL-MT63

Shifters: Shimano Deore SL-MT62
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore DX M650 28.6
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore DX RD-M650
Cassette: HG
Chain: Yes
Cranks: Shimano Deore LX M550- Black
Chainrings: SG
Bottom Bracket: UN something
Pedals: Shimano Deore DX PD-M650

Hub Skewers:
Rims: Deore DX
Hubs: Shimano Deore DX hub FH-M650 HB-M650 Black
Tyres: Smoke Lites
Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: Black generic

She’s not perfect, I still need some clip staps, not all items are period correct, but this build isn’t really about that, like back in the day we kept a our bikes going with whatever we could beg, borrow or steel ! it’s a laugh, fun to ride and I just love the look of it ;)

Some faded orange toe straps on my 94 Clockwork (link in sig) you're welcome to for nowt. Although black may look better.

rwm1962":u0hcaob0 said:
Some faded orange toe straps on my 94 Clockwork (link in sig) you're welcome to for nowt. Although black may look better.

Ross

That would be ace as take the black ones off clockwork and swap over ;)

Couple of little tweaks today, I found a neon orange elite cage whist at my parents !! and also some orange clip straps, massive thanks to Ross (rwm1962) for these, true gent ;)

Happy with the final incarceration, job done :LOL:

Back