Lockdown build No:3 1992 Orange Prestige ....Finished Update

clockwork davo

98+ BoTM Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So Lockdown build No3 turned up today :LOL:

1992 Orange prestige in black, would I be right in thinking as a 92 it would be one of the ritchey tunes affairs ??

She’s a fairly tatty beast, but original paint and decals, but to be honest I’m a little underwhelmed, but if I squint I can see the diamond in the rough

Lot of parts onboard that shouldn’t be there, so it’s gonna be a case of full strip and a good but gentle t-cut polish on the frame and then rebuild I’m thinking with DX kit and the original forks back, thankfully included with the bike, and a nice set of skinwalls

The most annoying thing is that some clever chap at some stage has lopped of the seat qr and converted it to a seat coller and randomly also done for the rear rack mounts :facepalm:

Not the end of the world but annoying

Any ways stay tuned and some pix for your review

Re: Lockdown build No: 1992 Orange Prestige ....

Busier with Oranges than the man from Del Monte! Canny addition to the line-up. Later bars?

Re: Lockdown build No:3 1992 Orange Prestige ....

Fantastic collection there Davo. I like the black Prestige, May 92. I would agree to get stripped and done how you want it. Great array of colour with the collection.

Cheshire1980":cibvloua said:
Fantastic collection there Davo. I like the black Prestige, May 92. I would agree to get stripped and done how you want it. Great array of colour with the collection.

Striving to copy yours ;)

Obviously missing the O and project original clockwork from the line

Would I be right in thinking it would be ritchey tubed Cal ?

Possibly a Ritchey tubed, Most likely I feel, but maybe Tange also.

You’ve got a fantastic collection in its own right. Am just merely got bikes I like now, sold some that would of enhanced my collection overall, but just kept what I enjoy riding to be honest.

Re:

Nice addition , that seat collar mod would really bug me tho ....... I mean WHY?

rack/guard mounts not so, am I right in thinking the forks on a prestige don't have guard mounts! so why should the rear, Plus think of the weight saving :LOL:

Re:

Nice collection of Citrus there Davo.

See why you'd want a custom stalk now for a 'formulaesque' build on the black prestige. Looks like a good basis for another great build.

The Orange/ White prestige behind it is my favourite though. :cool:

Lusting after a prestige to build/resto now!

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Re:

Was looking at pictures of my old collection today, plenty I shouldn’t have let go, plenty I’ve forgotten about. If I can work out the tech I’ll do a thread but the pictures are on so many different formats. :facepalm:

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":3hhfwvj9 said:
Was looking at pictures of my old collection today, plenty I shouldn’t have let go, plenty I’ve forgotten about. If I can work out the tech I’ll do a thread but the pictures are on so many different formats. :facepalm:

Ahh don’t worry about it Ed. Plenty I’ve let go and thought why? (Thankfully I still have 8 retro bikes left) My advice keep that clockwork 92, well both of them. Better to have owned them, and not at all. If anything, I sold a load to buy a few modern bikes :facepalm: However, I don’t regret it :shock:
I personally like to have a mix, some old, some new that I actually ride regularly, and a project or too. Plus I’ve enjoyed watching other people build up a project I have never got round to finishing, but then had the satisfaction on here seeing them completed. Sometimes, dare I say it, it can depend on who you sell your stuff too... :cool:

Great collection Davo, certainly glad I have sold a couple of frames to you, as hard as it was to sell them, you have done a sterling job. Keep up the great work mate.

Back