Lockdown Build 1992 Orange Aluminium O Final version....

Re: Lockdown Build 1992 Orange Aluminium 0

So little update on the Ally O

I ended up getting some RC35’s on a prestige I picked up, and not wanting them on that I wipped of the RC30 lowers and fired in the 35’s

This got me thinking that new plan is to see if I can build a very similar looking bike to the one that’s in the 1992 Orange catalogue!!

This is the inspiration

And this is how far along I am

I kinda think there’s some resemblance?

I’ve got a set of black XT M730’s waiting to go on once I’ve fitted a BB
Think she just needs pedal (spd’s 737’s) chain, cables and grips and I think she’ll be there

Apologies about the foam on the bars !!
The bars keep swinging and singing the top tube :facepalm:

Can I ask - is this a 19" and what's the stem you've got in the first photo on the thread?
Cheers

Yep this is a 19 and the silver stem, is an orange ally stalk150mm I just prefer the black one and it’s slightly shorter

This one

Carge":2q9qqezd said:
Can I ask - is this a 19" and what's the stem you've got in the first photo on the thread?
Cheers

Your old frame I bought off you many moons back! Glad you remember it :LOL: Sold it on to Davo as I have another o in the same Colour built. :D

Re:

I'd just found the messages - Dec 2015 :D :D
Did I include the stem with it - cos that looks an awful lot like the stem I had made for it by Greg Fuquay - anyone remember him?

Re: Re:

Carge":1uk2rg8d said:
I'd just found the messages - Dec 2015 :D :D
Did I include the stem with it - cos that looks an awful lot like the stem I had made for it by Greg Fuquay - anyone remember him?

No got frame and forks off you. Sold the frame, kept the forks because you never used them and the orange decal on the forks was more bright and the frame. So would of looked out of place. But the forks match great with the grey O I have kept. But at the end of the day I think the Matt grey o looks better with some paces on. :cool:

Re:

That's coming along so nicely.... :) Reminds me of my mates back in the day, always liked the grey, and loved his 'O'. He had it for donkies, he may well still have it and it took so much stick. We raced XC a lot in N. Wales, Malvern, Cannock Chase etc. Will ask him if we bump into each other in the future :)

Re:

This was originally mine - bought as a frame - and built with XT - RC35 - USE post and Pace bars.
Loving the build fella :)

Back